Cheap Turkish Guns That Are Fun

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Cheap Turkish Guns That Are Fun

Post by AS30N » 30 Apr 2022, 8:16 pm

AS30N wrote:So I went to the dealer last weekend. The Bushmeister "looked" pretty well build but super light, fit and finish very decent for a $1000 job, pity it is not gas operated.. I paid deposit for a 20 inch model.... When I get it on will post review....

So I said I will post review, couldn't figure out how to post video here, so I stuck that on my YouTube channel (you won't find anything else, I use it to share video with friend and family). The review is in the description.

https://youtu.be/rGouSNq-2mM
AS30N
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 02 May 2022, 5:23 pm

Thanks for posting. I like the look of the finger pull too.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AS30N » 02 May 2022, 6:27 pm

All good, I put that up partly because all the YouTube reviews thus far only show the awkward thrum operation.... would be nice to see a Buckmaster and Bushmeister shoot off tho.
AS30N
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 02 May 2022, 11:17 pm

Agreed. What I would really like to see is a few rounds of clays with the different actions. If the fit is no good and the second shot is too hard then you will see that immediately.

Is the buckmaster release worth an extra $1k I don't know.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AS30N » 03 May 2022, 11:27 am

No shooting clay for me for a while, the local ranges where I can shoot clay are still water logged...

And I need trim an inch off the butt first (I am short as)... Then I can have a proper play.

I am now looking at a better lever too, should be able to do one up with a welder and crude milling machine.
Screenshot_20220503_111859~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220503_111859~2.jpg (36.87 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
AS30N
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by AS30N » 03 May 2022, 11:40 am

Is it is gas operated and the chuck in a rifled choke plus an adjustable stock (comb and legnth of pull only, no tacticool stock), the Buckmaster will be worth the extra money ...,

If the government doesn't ban further import out of panic, there will be more models coming I hope
AS30N
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 06 May 2022, 8:57 pm

Agreed. What I didn't like about the buckmaster was it put a picatinny rail on the bottom. To use the left thumb on the stock your left hand is almost touch it and in heavy recoil the edge may hit your hand. It had a hole through the plastic but I couldn't see if you could screw it off.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AS30N » 07 May 2022, 2:34 pm

One could put pic rail cover on, but this is solution for a problem that didn't have to exist, pic rail should not interfere with the hand at the first place. If it were semi auto, i get it, you could put vertical grips and s**t on, but the Buckmaster has a button, the hand must go on the one spot..... What were they thinking
Attachments
images - 2022-05-07T143140.278.jpeg
images - 2022-05-07T143140.278.jpeg (20.39 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
AS30N
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by AS30N » 07 May 2022, 5:29 pm

I tool another look at the Buckmaster, I guess it's ok for right handed, especially ones who are short ass like me (I can't hold it too forward, even if I try), but for a large left handed person (who may use the index/middle finger to press the button), I can see the hand sliding far enough to hit the pic rail
AS30N
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 08 May 2022, 8:37 am

The bushmeister will be in store in the next month I was told so I'm going to look at them. I think the wood 28" version won't have the picatinny rail.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 08 May 2022, 10:43 am

There's a few floating around already. Ring around and see who's got one
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.