Mounting Torch to an O/U

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Mounting Torch to an O/U

Post by keenstalking22 » 23 Nov 2021, 7:32 pm

Hey guys, im looking for something like an Olight hunting spotlight to mount on my O/U and was wondering what mounting options there are.

Its a fine gun with blued barrels, do I just go with a magnetic mount and let it wear away or are there other options out there I could look at?
keenstalking22
Recruit
Recruit

-

Re: Mounting Torch to an O/U

Post by GQshayne » 23 Nov 2021, 7:55 pm

The Olight magnetic mount looks good tome and I have one. The magnets are coated to protect surfaces.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Nov 2021, 8:42 pm

Please don’t post topics like this it reminds me of mobs on the stubble pre 1996 when I held a maglite under the Forend and worked it madly on an old battered Winchester 12 gauge pump
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 23 Nov 2021, 8:49 pm

keenstalking22 wrote:Hey guys, im looking for something like an Olight hunting spotlight to mount on my O/U and was wondering what mounting options there are.

Its a fine gun with blued barrels, do I just go with a magnetic mount and let it wear away or are there other options out there I could look at?

Put some tape around the barrels first, then mount over that to protect the surface.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 24 Nov 2021, 7:18 am

The magnetic mounts have some covering so the won't scratch the barrel and they won't move much either to rub because the magnets are strong.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.