Adler B230T - Magazine Retention Problems

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler B230T - Magazine Retention Problems

Post by Acorn » 12 Feb 2022, 2:06 pm

G'Day Everyone,

I have recently bought a brand new Adler B230T and I fired it for the first time today. My problem is that the magazine drops out when I fire it. I have double checked to ensure that the magazine is fully inserted and firmly locked into place, and that the magazine retention bar is unobstructed. I could always get a screwdriver and just prise the lip out on the side of the magazine to give it a bit more purchase, but I don't really want to take a screwdriver or a pair of pliers to it if this is a known issue with an easy and effective solution.

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone else experienced the same issue, or is it just me?
Acorn
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Re: Adler B230T - Magazine Retention Problems

Post by bladeracer » 27 Feb 2022, 7:45 am

Acorn wrote:G'Day Everyone,

I have recently bought a brand new Adler B230T and I fired it for the first time today. My problem is that the magazine drops out when I fire it. I have double checked to ensure that the magazine is fully inserted and firmly locked into place, and that the magazine retention bar is unobstructed. I could always get a screwdriver and just prise the lip out on the side of the magazine to give it a bit more purchase, but I don't really want to take a screwdriver or a pair of pliers to it if this is a known issue with an easy and effective solution.

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone else experienced the same issue, or is it just me?

I would have to suggest returning it to the shop to sort it out. It might be a simple matter of trying a different magazine.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Adler B230T - Magazine Retention Problems

Post by Acorn » 27 Feb 2022, 5:43 pm

Thank you Bladeracer, I suspect you're right.

Of the three magazines I bought with the shotgun, it's only an issue on one of them. I've prised the top notch out a bit on the magazine and I'm hoping that will have fixed the problem when I next go to the range. At least it feels like a far more positive lock now. Otherwise, I'll just buy more magazines, now that I know it is a magazine issue and not a problem with the magazine locking / retaining bar.
Acorn
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.