Templeton T2000

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by big matt » 11 Jul 2023, 7:25 pm

Gun-nut wrote:The buckmaster with the button on the fore end seems like it'd be the fastest of them all, with the ability to fire without altering the firing hand whatsoever. In regards to build quality...well they're all turkish and you probably get what you pay for.

it is the fastest of them all so far and I've had no problems whatsoever with mine or the build quality, eats others for breakfast. :D
big matt
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 12 Jul 2023, 6:35 am

I disagree IMHO the Tacsorus is the fastest and best build quality of them all.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by S O K A R » 15 Jul 2023, 5:33 pm

big matt wrote:
S O K A R wrote:I would like to see a rifle with the button release in the same position as the templeton, not sure if it will ever happen though.

pushbutton rifles are already out there, only in 223 atm I believe...better position of the button than the T 2000

I know there is the one made by celik arms, the company who make the buckmaster, but I'm not aware of any others? I could be wrong though.
I have both the T2000 and buckmaster and I'd go the T2000 everyday of the week, but that's just personal preference.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Avok » 16 Jul 2023, 10:29 am

S O K A R wrote:
big matt wrote:
S O K A R wrote:I would like to see a rifle with the button release in the same position as the templeton, not sure if it will ever happen though.

pushbutton rifles are already out there, only in 223 atm I believe...better position of the button than the T 2000

I know there is the one made by celik arms, the company who make the buckmaster, but I'm not aware of any others? I could be wrong though.
I have both the T2000 and buckmaster and I'd go the T2000 everyday of the week, but that's just personal preference.

Sulun arms is supposedly making a new line of lever release (i think?) rifles in 9mm & 223, if you want to count those.
Avok
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by S O K A R » 16 Jul 2023, 4:45 pm

Avok wrote:
S O K A R wrote:
big matt wrote:

Sulun arms is supposedly making a new line of lever release (i think?) rifles in 9mm & 223, if you want to count those.

Interesting, based off the tacsoras I would imagine?
Haven't had the opportunity to use one, but I've heard nothing but good things
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by womble » 16 Jul 2023, 6:06 pm

If they put a 223 barrel on an m4 clone I will be more than a little upset.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by d4n73n » 27 Oct 2023, 1:12 am

I've decided on getting one of these after seeing it in person, I keep hearing about reliability issues regarding the Buckmaster. I'm wondering if it would be better in the 20 or 28 inch barrel. People are saying the tacsoras is of superior build quality but honestly I can't deal with the ugly f***ing lever release on it, something about it just doesn't feel right.
d4n73n
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by womble » 27 Oct 2023, 3:03 am

The fit and finish on the Templeton is much nicer than anything else. Taco sauce included.
But the taco has superior mechanisms. Dual pistons and inertia bolt. It’s infallible.
I guess it depends what field you will apply it to. If it’s going to get full of dust and dirt or plonking ducks in a swamp.
And unless you really need a compact barrel then the 28 wins everytime.
Your choice should only come down to handling both, shouldering, aiming and seeing how it feels to you. If you haven’t had a pistol grip on a shotgun before it’s going to feel weird and unnatural.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2023, 7:31 am

d4n73n wrote:I've decided on getting one of these after seeing it in person, I keep hearing about reliability issues regarding the Buckmaster. I'm wondering if it would be better in the 20 or 28 inch barrel. People are saying the tacsoras is of superior build quality but honestly I can't deal with the ugly f***ing lever release on it, something about it just doesn't feel right.

With the Dickinson T1000 I bought both barrels for it. I haven't tried them on clays. I'm sure I patterned them at 30m but I don't have a record in the logbook. I want to pattern them again anyway quite soon with 24gm loads for the kids.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.