My Lanber O/U sg

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

My Lanber O/U sg

Post by safeshot » 24 Nov 2022, 10:52 pm

Noticed the shotgun page. :ugeek:
I have a 12g "Lanber" sg which is Spanish made and is all things i could wish for in a shotgun.
I felt it was a bit 'front' heavy so I took off the recoil pad and pushed in a 1lb sinker up the bolt hole in the stock. This has made the balance much better and has reduced the recoil noticeably.
Sadly I have seen on the net that the Lanber co has gone under for whatever reason. :unknown:
"Behave well. Think for the best. Speak kindly."
safeshot
Private
Private

Western Australia

Re: My Lanber O/U sg

Post by Mattraff » 11 Dec 2022, 10:10 am

My first shotgun was a new Lanber 2087 EST Sporting 24 years ago. It was the gun that got me hooked on clay target shooting and served me well through many thousands of rounds. They were decent cheap guns in the day and a big step up from the likes of Boito and Baikal but a long way from the quality of Browning or Beretta but were about half the price. They went bust about 10 years ago I think and were imported by Winchester. Lanber were one of the bigger Spanish gun makers and popular here and in the UK so I don't know why they failed. Perhaps it was the proliferation of cheap and nasty Turkish guns.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Dec 2022, 12:49 pm

safeshot wrote:Noticed the shotgun page. :ugeek:
I have a 12g "Lanber" sg which is Spanish made and is all things i could wish for in a shotgun.
I felt it was a bit 'front' heavy so I took off the recoil pad and pushed in a 1lb sinker up the bolt hole in the stock. This has made the balance much better and has reduced the recoil noticeably.
Sadly I have seen on the net that the Lanber co has gone under for whatever reason. :unknown:

An old tried and true method.

I also have lanber. Been good but if I grab a12g, it's usually the Stirling single these days.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 28 Dec 2022, 5:54 am

I recently tried clay target shooting/ using a shotgun for the first time. Have been looking to buy a shotgun ever since.
I have seen Lanber o/u's pop up a few times in my searches.
If the company is no longer, would you envisage issues with parts? Are parts interchangeable between brands? Do shotguns actually have any serviceable parts?
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.