Adler B220 Picatinny Rail

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler B220 Picatinny Rail

Post by RunRabbit » 12 Jun 2023, 8:20 am

I was going to try a red dot on my shotty for something different and I went to buy the Vortex SPARC AR and then discovered that the Adler AD28 rail is out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know if there's an alternative that can be used on the Adler B220?

Otherwise, if anyone knows where a rail might be laying around, that would also be great!
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Adler B220 Picatinny Rail

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jun 2023, 11:55 am

RunRabbit wrote:I was going to try a red dot on my shotty for something different and I went to buy the Vortex SPARC AR and then discovered that the Adler AD28 rail is out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know if there's an alternative that can be used on the Adler B220?

Otherwise, if anyone knows where a rail might be laying around, that would also be great!

I assume you have asked Cleaver?
Most hits that come up on Google show it out of stock, except one.
Did you try Clayton?
https://www.claytonfirearms.com.au/products/new-shotguns/adler-arms/adler-picatinny-style-scope-rail-clayton

I don't have an Adler to see what the rail looks like, but it looks like a simple flat rail?
Maybe talk to a gun smith who should be able to put something on there.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Jun 2023, 1:34 pm

Nah that one fits the dovetail rail. And you can find plenty that will do that for shotguns which have that floating dovetail.
But which b220 model is it. Because I don’t think the receiver is drilled on the marine.
I think there’s a lucky 13 one made for it
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Jun 2023, 1:54 pm

Well f*ck what is that.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Jun 2023, 2:15 pm

And that’s the lucky 13 rail so you can see what they did there.
But it’s also impossible to find.
The good news. You now have a genuine need for a new shotgun.

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by RunRabbit » 12 Jun 2023, 3:53 pm

It's the Marine version.

I have very much been looking at the TACSORAS 14.5"... but I figure that if I do want to buy one in the future, I can just move the red dot to that. $1,450 instead of a pic rail is a hard one to sell. I said I'd stop buying guns and buy a good thermal next!
Last edited by RunRabbit on 12 Jun 2023, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by RunRabbit » 12 Jun 2023, 3:59 pm

bladeracer wrote:
RunRabbit wrote:I was going to try a red dot on my shotty for something different and I went to buy the Vortex SPARC AR and then discovered that the Adler AD28 rail is out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know if there's an alternative that can be used on the Adler B220?

I assume you have asked Cleaver?
Most hits that come up on Google show it out of stock, except one.
Did you try Clayton?
https://www.claytonfirearms.com.au/products/new-shotguns/adler-arms/adler-picatinny-style-scope-rail-clayton

I don't have an Adler to see what the rail looks like, but it looks like a simple flat rail?
Maybe talk to a gun smith who should be able to put something on there.

I'll give Clayton a call tomorrow. I tried most around Brisbane including Cleaver.
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jun 2023, 5:05 pm

RunRabbit wrote:It's the Marine version.

I have very much been looking at the TACSORAS 14.5"... but I figure that if I do want to buy one in the future, I can just move the red dot to that. $1,450 instead of a pic rail is a hard one to sell. I said I'd stop buying guns and buy a good thermal next!

So yours doesn't have the dovetail but it is drilled for a screw-on rail?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by RunRabbit » 12 Jun 2023, 5:29 pm

bladeracer wrote:
RunRabbit wrote:It's the Marine version.

So yours doesn't have the dovetail but it is drilled for a screw-on rail?

It has the dovetail, no screw holes.

Adler.jpg
Adler
Adler.jpg (178.81 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by womble » 12 Jun 2023, 6:03 pm

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Jun 2023, 6:05 pm

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by RunRabbit » 12 Jun 2023, 8:50 pm

I had read some posts from people that had issues with those generic dovetail to picatinny but for $40, it's worth trying.
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jun 2023, 8:54 pm

RunRabbit wrote:It has the dovetail, no screw holes.

Adler.jpg

12ga does have some recoil but for a light optic the dovetail might be fine.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 13 Jun 2023, 3:18 am

RunRabbit wrote:I had read some posts from people that had issues with those generic dovetail to picatinny but for $40, it's worth trying.

The second link from aushunter store looks to be the same type as original, grub screws on top which would pull it up tight.
I think.
The first link is the generic type which doesn’t give me as much confidence because of the radius on top of receiver. I don’t think it would be the optimal fit up.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by RunRabbit » 16 Jun 2023, 1:36 pm

Managed to track down a proper Adler rail so I've order it. Thanks for the help everyone!
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.