Chiappa X-Caliber Conversions

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Chiappa X-Caliber Conversions

Post by thunderbird » 14 Jul 2023, 2:12 pm

Hey guys, just wondering if the adapters work with the O/U shotgun with ejectors?
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Chiappa X-Caliber Conversions

Post by bladeracer » 15 Aug 2023, 3:12 pm

thunderbird wrote:Hey guys, just wondering if the adapters work with the O/U shotgun with ejectors?

I don't think I've tried ejecting one but I doubt the ejector spring is strong enough to actually throw the adapter out.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AS30N » 15 Aug 2023, 7:53 pm

These inserts have cut outs in part of the rims. You can simply stick the rimless side over the extractor. But then you will need a rod to puch the insert out once you are done.
AS30N
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 15 Aug 2023, 8:40 pm

AS30N wrote:These inserts have cut outs in part of the rims. You can simply stick the rimless side over the extractor. But then you will need a rod to punch the insert out once you are done.

I haven't had to use a rod to extract the cases, just a finger nail, they come out easy, even in the straight-pull.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by thunderbird » 23 Aug 2023, 12:05 pm

bladeracer wrote:
thunderbird wrote:Hey guys, just wondering if the adapters work with the O/U shotgun with ejectors?

I don't think I've tried ejecting one but I doubt the ejector spring is strong enough to actually throw the adapter out.

I do not expect it to be eject out, but just wondering will it work with the gun (with ejector), without breaking anything.
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 23 Aug 2023, 1:27 pm

thunderbird wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I do not expect it to be eject out, but just wondering will it work with the gun (with ejector), without breaking anything.

As AS30N said, the ejector shouldn't interfere with the adapter at all.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by thunderbird » 25 Aug 2023, 9:07 pm

that sounds a good news. thanks guys!
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.