Ghost loading Bushmeister

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Ghost loading Bushmeister

Post by moosey » 10 Sep 2023, 9:57 pm

Hey all,

I've been jumping from M3k Stoeger to the Buckmaster to the Templeton T2000 and I think I've set my heart on the Bushmeister now. If anyone has used one I'd love to know what you think, lever pressure, types of loads it can cycle with and is there a break in period for the inertia spring to where it can eventually cycle some lighter loads.

My main question however is, can you ghost load a Bushmeister?

Cheers
moosey
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Ghost loading Bushmeister

Post by JohnV » 12 Sep 2023, 8:33 am

Some guns are setup to ghost load and others not . Can't find any reference to ghost loading a Bushmeister . I know how to do it but have never used it because I think having that extra shell on the feed ramp could cause a jamb . I can't see why it's even necessary .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigpete » 12 Sep 2023, 11:46 am

I've had one some months now.
It won't eject 3" star crimped or 28gm 1250fps shells reliably.
Aside from that it works an absolute treat. The lever is pretty light and if you leave your thumb on it the recoil operates it for you ;)
Mines a walnut one with a 28" barrel and its a little heavy and long but well balanced.
Not sure what ghost loading is so can't answer that one. If its loading a shell on top of the lifter as well as having one in the chamber and a full mag,then no you can't. Or at least I can't.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JohnV » 12 Sep 2023, 1:27 pm

bigpete wrote:I've had one some months now.
Aside from that it works an absolute treat. The lever is pretty light and if you leave your thumb on it the recoil operates it for you ;)
Mines a walnut one with a 28" barrel and its a little heavy and long but well balanced.
Not sure what ghost loading is so can't answer that one. If its loading a shell on top of the lifter as well as having one in the chamber and a full mag,then no you can't. Or at least I can't.

Ghost loading is when you fill the tubular mag and then put another shell on the feed ramp and another shell in the breach but close the bolt so the shell on the feed ramp is not picked up by the bolt as it closes . Net effect is it adds 1 more shell to max capacity .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigpete » 12 Sep 2023, 2:09 pm

JohnV wrote:

Ghost loading is when you fill the tubular mag and then put another shell on the feed ramp and another shell in the breach but close the bolt so the shell on the feed ramp is not picked up by the bolt as it closes . Net effect is it adds 1 more shell to max capacity .

So essentially what i just said....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by animalpest » 12 Sep 2023, 2:39 pm

Interesting concept. Never tried it in my shottie
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigpete » 12 Sep 2023, 2:46 pm

animalpest wrote:Interesting concept. Never tried it in my shottie

You can do it with an IAC 87
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by moosey » 24 Sep 2023, 4:54 pm

Cool to know about the recoil assistance, also is there a break in period. I've heard of people saying the inertia spring loosens up after heavy loads then you can fire lighter loads. If that's the case just run a bunch of 00sg or slugs lol. But sounds like you've been running 3 inches and can't cycle 28gram 1250fps. How many shots have you put through it?
moosey
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 24 Sep 2023, 7:31 pm

moosey wrote:

Cool to know about the recoil assistance, also is there a break in period. I've heard of people saying the inertia spring loosens up after heavy loads then you can fire lighter loads. If that's the case just run a bunch of 00sg or slugs lol. But sounds like you've been running 3 inches and can't cycle 28gram 1250fps. How many shots have you put through it?

Probably 150 so far
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by moosey » 25 Sep 2023, 1:19 pm

bigpete wrote:
moosey wrote:

Probably 150 so far

When I get my Bushmeister I want to buy a box of Eley blues, (in the Nioa promo video they got them cycling) see if it cycles them with tight and loose grips and then run heaps of buck through it to "break it in" then try with blues again.
moosey
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by womble » 25 Sep 2023, 4:29 pm

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by P04704 » 26 Sep 2023, 6:32 am

Hey, does anyone know of a retailer selling accessories for the bushmeister?
Pic rails/sling swivels/mag tubes/stocks etc
Would Benelli M2 gear fit?
P04704
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by d4n73n » 04 Oct 2023, 6:36 pm

How does the Bushmeister cycle in comparison to the Buckmaster? I'm wondering which one would be more reliable, can't put too much faith in turkshit.
d4n73n
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 04 Oct 2023, 6:49 pm

womble wrote:Can the Bushsmeinster do this https://youtu.be/Z5uHt4AwYb4?si=kvJmZLtbSekrSznB

Most likely in that blokes hands
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Shootermick » 04 Oct 2023, 7:38 pm

womble wrote:Can the Bushsmeinster do this https://youtu.be/Z5uHt4AwYb4?si=kvJmZLtbSekrSznB

That’s freaking awesome.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.