Boito coach

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Boito coach

Post by Kaos » 09 Dec 2023, 10:36 am

Hi all, does anyone have a Boito coach gun with synthetic stock. Looks cheap and nasty and about what I’m looking for feedback.
Kaos
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Boito coach

Post by womble » 09 Dec 2023, 2:42 pm

I’ve fired one. Hollow plastic stock on a double barrel shotgun was a bad idea.
I have a boito with the wood stock which I like, can’t fault it.
But if you’re after black as in the synthetic, there are black wood versions around in stoeger and boito, same thing.
I would avoid the plastic ones, even the forend is awful.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Dec 2023, 5:29 pm

Taka a look at Stoeger coach guns (still Boito) on their website, https://stoegerindustries.com/shotguns/ ... n-shotguns
they have many options, wooden stocks in walnut, fixed chokes, removal chokes, single and double triggers, and several metal finishes.

I haven't got any complaints about mine, it was the cheapest of the lot the double defence or "Stoeger Tactical" in Australia as defence was a bad word to use here.
In hindsight, I wish I'd got the supreme with blued barrel, the stainless action and single trigger.
I rubbed the paint off my stock and polished it for a better look than the black painted finish it came in.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Kaos » 09 Dec 2023, 6:53 pm

I’ve seen the stoeger website but nobody seems to sell them. I believe stoeger and Boito are the same thing, where it’s marketed as stoeger in the US and Boito in Australia.
Kaos
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Dec 2023, 8:45 pm

Yep their Boito. Mine was sold to me as a Stoeger and is stamped Beretta on the barrel, if my memory serves me correctly, Beretta Australia were importing them.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.