Adler Straight-Pull

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler Straight-Pull

Post by JackRichardson123 » 31 Jan 2024, 7:01 am

Hi all,

As a young shooter, I was just looking for some advice from someone with a bit more experience.

I have an Adler straight pull and I’ve noticed that, after chasing pigs and letting off a few shots, the pin that holds the trigger Mount/guard has worked its way loose and fallen out. When I had a closer look, the whole action seems to be held in place by this pin and I’m not sure where to go for a fix to this problem.

I also have a bushmeister trigger release 12-gauge and have experienced a similar problem. Apparently a pin has slipped loose?? I’m not sure but the action will not catch and has turned into a semi-automatic sometimes which is pretty unsafe for bouncing around chasing pigs.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jack.
JackRichardson123
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Adler Straight-Pull

Post by gunderson » 31 Jan 2024, 2:18 pm

cheap, crap, I have one which cops a lot of abuse, its a pig of a thing, wouldn't rebuy, last time someone else got that pin going AWOL out of the blokes I shoot with it was back to the supplier for warranty, but depending on its age ya might just have to get the store/gunsmith to fix it up.
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Re: Adler Straight-Pull

Post by jovialjosie2002 » 31 Jan 2024, 4:56 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16789

This has been fixed before......see the thread. Basically hit the brass pin with a ball bearing and or ball peen hammer. The brass pin comes loose in the aluminium. Once you "whack" it back in, it's fine. I've shot mine with 1000 rounds since, it's not worked loose. Enjoy the adler, it's a cheap shotty. It's like an old Holden, needs some fixing sometimes.
jovialjosie2002
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.