Italian Shotguns

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Italian Shotguns

Post by Chief » 21 Feb 2015, 11:03 am

Looking for information about an Italian made double barrel 12g made by Fabrica d'Armi Lario, Como; model name FALCO or FALCON with the name FIAT in gold above the barrel release lever, prior to the factory being taken over by Beretta?
Chief
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Italian Shotguns

Post by 1290 » 21 Feb 2015, 12:56 pm

Beretta bought Lario out in the 20's... the branding probably ended then as they apparently took all the tooling to Gardone, therefore possibly pre late 20's but it should have a date code.

The FIAT no doubt refers to the FIAT cars of Torino/Turin (T in Fiat) I would say it may be a custom corporate jobbie, maybe for management or owners! - worth the research, let us know what you discover, BTW, this threads worthless without pics and it doesnt exist until you post the pics :D :thumbsup:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Chief » 21 Feb 2015, 2:29 pm

No images available but I have sighted the gun. FIAT: My understanding is the barrels are made from steel provided by FIAT STEEL. The mechanism/body is patterned/engraved.The gold FIAT name on the release is over a five pointed gold crown. On the underside is a gold flying bird, through the wings is the lettering FALC, which is repeated below the bird within a scrolled banner.
Chief
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Chief » 24 Feb 2015, 9:20 am

Confirming brand name: It is a FALCO manufactured by a subsidiary of Beretta, d'Armi, designed for game bird sport shooting.
Chief
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Mich » 01 Mar 2015, 6:49 pm

I don't know about Fabrica d'Armi Lario but those Italians sure know how to make them.

I had the pleasure of using the Benelli Ethos and Montefeltro Silver Shotguns last weekend.

Beautiful.
Mich
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Re: Italian Falco Shotguns

Post by Chief » 11 Mar 2015, 3:33 pm

Further information has come to light following my original posting. The model name of the gun I am considering may probably be known as a "Vittoria Fiat" made by Pietro Beretta c1926.
Repeating the description: Above the barrel release is the word FIAT over a Five Pointed Crown in gold leaf. Below, and forward of the two triggers is the emblem of a bird with wings raised with the name FALCO between the wings, the same name is repeated below the bird emblem in smaller size on a scrolled banner, in gold leaf.
Chief
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Korkt » 12 Mar 2015, 1:53 pm

Mich wrote:I had the pleasure of using the Benelli Ethos and Montefeltro Silver Shotguns last weekend.

A couple of those in the safe would make you a happy man :D
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.