Akkar/Armed Shotguns

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Akkar/Armed Shotguns

Post by cala90 » 24 Feb 2015, 2:33 pm

Hey guys,

When I bought my first shotgun at the start of last year (Browning Cynergy), my three local gun stores couldn't keep up with the amount of Akkar shotguns they were selling. Looking around for a new cheapie the last week, none of the stores stock them anymore. One of the stores I questioned said he doesn't stock them anymore since they were so bad.. Is this true? All the reviews I've read about them have been positive (best made Turkish gun alongside the ATA?) and people that own them swear by them. I held one last year and it fit me really well.. Which I can't say the same for many other cheapies.

Two of the three stores have suggested the Armed brand shotgun which didn't feel too bad but honestly, I haven't heard anything about them before? They seem to be the new gun that all the stores are stocking. Can anyone shed light on this brand? :?

Cheers
Ruger American 22LR
Howa 1500 Varmint Fluted 223
Webley & Scott 912 12G
cala90
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Akkar/Armed Shotguns

Post by BRNOmod2 » 24 Feb 2015, 2:49 pm

Can only speak from my own experience - brought Akkar 30" ejector about 2 yrs ago, based mainly on review by good old "Uncle Nick" H.
It Patterns well, I have put lot rounds thru it, has had lot hard farm work in family's commercial orchard and has worked flawlessly. I too have only heard positive things about them. Did I luck onto the good one of the batch?
The LGS I went thru was complaining he couldn't keep up with demand, and sales of higher priced U/O's he had is stock had dropped off as everyone only wanted the Akkar.
Wouldn't want to cast any aspersions on any LGS but perhaps they may be telling you bit of a porky pie as they want to sell what they have in stock and/or cant get stock of the Akkar?
I admit im certainly no U/O expert at all, more of a bolt gun man, but its done every thing I wanted it to do.
BRNOmod2
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Browning » 24 Feb 2015, 6:26 pm

Have the Akkar combo and love it! Works perfectly every time and gets knocked about and used frequently in the scrub.. I use nothing but 00SG and would recommend this brand of shotty to anyone..
Mate bought one as well and functions just as flawlessly..
2 thumbs up and I suspect the first reply was on the money re: LGS telling porkies about how many have problems.. Never heard a single complaint and even friends with high end shotties will happily pick up the akkar when the need arises..
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sav » 24 Feb 2015, 7:42 pm

My LGS in SA 2 of them recommended that or the ATA saying they are going like crazy I picked the ATA cause it felt nicer for me though :)
Sav
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by cala90 » 24 Feb 2015, 9:57 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, as I said everyone that owns them seem to be more than happy with them. Now I just have to find one at another store!

Sav, I love the look of the ATA Camo but it's a bit too light for me unfortunately.. Otherwise I'd be all over that!
Ruger American 22LR
Webley & Scott 912 12G
cala90
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Walt68 » 25 Feb 2015, 2:31 pm

got the Akkar Triple with 20 inch barrels, great piece of kit , well made and not a single problem to date.
Walt68
Private
Private

Northern Territory

Post by Lorgar » 26 Feb 2015, 6:25 pm

I've been half looking at the Hog Stopper.

Getting advice from a buddy at my LGS who's a straight shooter when it comes to advice he couldn't report any problems with them either.

Maybe your LGS just got one go bad and cracked it with having to sort it out. Not all retailers like the work involved in retail :lol:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by lole » 26 Feb 2015, 6:26 pm

lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Sav » 26 Feb 2015, 8:44 pm

cala90 wrote:Thanks for the replies guys, as I said everyone that owns them seem to be more than happy with them. Now I just have to find one at another store!

Sav, I love the look of the ATA Camo but it's a bit too light for me unfortunately.. Otherwise I'd be all over that!

Ya agreed. I got it for field work so wanted it a bit lighter :)
Sav
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by sally-bee » 02 Mar 2015, 2:05 pm

cala90 wrote:Sav, I love the look of the ATA Camo but it's a bit too light for me unfortunately.. Otherwise I'd be all over that!

Light seems good to me :lol:

Too light making it recalls to heavily you mean? Is that why?
sally-bee
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by cala90 » 02 Mar 2015, 5:25 pm

sally-bee wrote:
cala90 wrote:Sav, I love the look of the ATA Camo but it's a bit too light for me unfortunately.. Otherwise I'd be all over that!

Light seems good to me :lol:

Too light making it recalls to heavily you mean? Is that why?

Haha honestly I just prefer a heavier gun. The less recoil is just a bonus! :thumbsup:
Ruger American 22LR
Webley & Scott 912 12G
cala90
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Manimal » 02 Mar 2015, 8:09 pm

sally-bee wrote:Too light making it recalls to heavily you mean? Is that why?

Pointing is a little smoother - but slower - on a heavier one also.
Manimal
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.