Is the Adler even any good?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Is the Adler even any good?

Post by Rick » 03 Sep 2015, 10:20 am

From watching the Adler arms video on you tube, They seem to be quite ok. According to the video, many options for sights (with rib, breast beads, without rib, phosphoric beads, or tactical bead and adjustable sight) and stock (either syn, walnut with or without a butt extension or tactical stock) would be interested to know if those options are available;e on what NIOA is bringing in. Receiver is hardened aluminum, hard chromed bore and 42 chrome-moly barrel. Seems to have the big tick type gear thrown at it. I guess time will tell about long standing quality and longevity.
Winchester Model 06 .22 Pump
Winchester Model 9422 .22WMR Lever, with scope
Marlin Model 1895 45-70 Government, Lever
3 shotguns, all 12 Ga, U/O, SKB, FEG (coach) and Fausti
maybe a Boito coach gun, just because I should have a SXS in the safe.
Rick
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by The Brass » 09 Sep 2015, 9:24 am

We'll see what happens after the "temporary" ban on them.

You know, that one with no end date. That one.
The Brass
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 09 Sep 2015, 9:36 am

when do you guys think you will start seeing them
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wrenchman » 09 Sep 2015, 9:37 am

when do you guys think you will start seeing them
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by happyhunter » 09 Sep 2015, 9:53 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 13 Feb 2017, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Seconds » 10 Sep 2015, 1:47 pm

wrenchman wrote:when do you guys think you will start seeing them

We may not depending on how the argument goes and laws are amended.

Even if the laws are not amended we may not see them. What 'The Brass' is referring to in his brief post is that they have "temporarily" restricted them while they review our firearms act.

But, there is no end date for the temporary restriction or completion on the "review" or deadline for enacting any changes decided by the review.

As it stands its basically banned here already, for the foreseeable future at least.
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by FuzzyM » 11 Sep 2015, 10:05 pm

Uh guys, they are landing in shops as we speak.

https://www.facebook.com/Firearmownersunited?fref=ts
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 11 Sep 2015, 10:37 pm

FuzzyM wrote:Uh guys, they are landing in shops as we speak.

https://www.facebook.com/Firearmownersunited?fref=ts

In the country and should be at Magnum Sports early next week according to Brayden this afternoon. I've got the cash, the PTA and I'll make the time to pick it up when it arrives :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Sep 2015, 10:40 pm

Let's see who on this forum is the first to get their hands on one.

I hope it's me !
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 13 Sep 2015, 12:15 am

Just heard it won't be me. Apparently Nioa have decided to stock the eastern states first, my lgs say they think it will be 6-12 months before any make it into wa
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Sam45 » 13 Sep 2015, 8:32 am

Here you guys go!!!

https://youtu.be/ZETC39Kf7AE
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 13 Sep 2015, 9:08 am

Sam45 wrote:Here you guys go!!!

https://youtu.be/ZETC39Kf7AE

So it's pretty average. Well, people get what they pay for. All this nonsense from the government for a pretty normal shotgun that'll be used by sporters for blasting clay's and hunters for culling feral pigs and other pests.

Well done Australia.

Still, great review as always, and ozzie has got some serious ball bearings for putting up all of what the does on his channel for all to see.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by brett1868 » 15 Sep 2015, 12:38 pm

IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG (614.32 KiB) Viewed 5497 times

Got mine this morning....I won't bother with too much of a review as the video posted in the link earlier is pretty well on the money.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 15 Sep 2015, 12:47 pm

is the action smoth and how hard was it to take down to clean the action
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wrenchman » 15 Sep 2015, 1:07 pm

is the action smoth and how hard was it to take down to clean the action
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 15 Sep 2015, 1:13 pm

I don't know. Looks like dangerous new technology to me :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by brett1868 » 15 Sep 2015, 1:52 pm

Picture was from the shop this morning and now that I'm back home and had a chance to view the video above in its entirety I feel the need to post something more.

I own 3 other level actions, A 22LR Henry, Marlin 30-30 & a Marlin 45/70. The Adler action cycles in between the Henry with is silky smooth and the Marlin 30-30 which has been polished and cleaned up so it's reasonably smooth. A couple areas for concern if you're wanting to assemble / disassemble for storage or transport in that the barrel slides into the fore stock which in turn slides over the mag tube. There's a threaded section on the mag tube that over time I suspect with effectively file the timber away and cause a sloppy fit. Second concern is where the lever sits against the buttstock in a small recess, it tends to hit the timber edges around the recess causing minor cosmetic damage.
Trigger has a bit of creep then breaks fairly light for a 12Ga which is pleasant and a nice difference from my Mossburg's heavy ass trigger. Comes with fixed loop sling mounts which will be a pain in the a$$ if you want to store or transport it disassembled not to mention cleaning it. I'll invest in some quick release loops for it, even if just for the rear. I've put it back in the box and buried it in the safe till I can get bush again, there's 2000 rounds of 00 Buck and No.8 shot lined up to test it.
Overall, for the money it seems to be great value and I'm not disappointed at all, sure a Picatinny mount instead of the dovetail would be cool but it's not a showstopper. My only of complaint is that given all the hype of it being a high tech rapid firing death machine I was expecting to feel a bit more rampaging but I don't. Guess the anti's were leading me on....the bastards!!!

IMG_1586.JPG
The box it comes in
IMG_1586.JPG (137.91 KiB) Viewed 5416 times

IMG_1587.JPG
Lid opened
IMG_1587.JPG (284.85 KiB) Viewed 5416 times

IMG_1588.JPG
Chokes & Tool
IMG_1588.JPG (220.89 KiB) Viewed 5416 times

IMG_1589.JPG
Outta the box ready to assemble
IMG_1589.JPG (302.94 KiB) Viewed 5416 times

IMG_1590.JPG
Long action...
IMG_1590.JPG (671.56 KiB) Viewed 5416 times

IMG_1591.JPG
Receiver & Bolt
IMG_1591.JPG (244.32 KiB) Viewed 5416 times

IMG_1592.JPG
Lever / Stock
IMG_1592.JPG (490.95 KiB) Viewed 5416 times

Photos on the kitchen case the wife was out and I'm the boss when she's not home plus if she didn't see it then it never happened :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 15 Sep 2015, 2:08 pm

looks good have fun it would be nice see reports from the field
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by brett1868 » 15 Sep 2015, 2:22 pm

wrenchman wrote:looks good have fun it would be nice see reports from the field

I've got some land up north which I head up to in a couple of weeks so it'll have to wait till then before I can put rounds through it. Will be interesting to see if others have the same impression as I do. I quite like it, very good value for money and I'm sure with a little polishing and cleaning the action will smoothen up substantially.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by FuzzyM » 15 Sep 2015, 6:30 pm

It will be interesting to see how this thing pans out.
If I had the money spare I would go order one just to stick it to the man.
The Mrs and I were looking at going halves in a Lanber anyway. Hmmmm.
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Sep 2015, 6:40 pm

brett, take the mag off, show some pics, screw on - does it have a flange/plain tube?
maybe gee I dunno someone could start producing 7/ 9 / 15 rounds mag extensions for it!!
After all, there's no mag limit (once inland) :P :allegedly: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(a modded Addie with a 15 round mag extension, or even a little 7 8 or 10, would cause most of every house of parliament to go into fits of conniptions...I'd LOVE to see it - in fact I would PAY to see it :D
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Chronos » 15 Sep 2015, 6:55 pm

5 round mags......4 5 shot speed loaders :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXkyEbrqNGw

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Sam45 » 15 Sep 2015, 7:10 pm

Chronos wrote:5 round mags......4 5 shot speed loaders :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXkyEbrqNGw

Chronos

:drinks: :drinks:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm

brett1868 wrote:
IMG_1583.JPG

Got mine this morning....I won't bother with too much of a review as the video posted in the link earlier is pretty well on the money.

Looks like Brett takes the door prize for being the first one on this forum to get his fingers on one.

When did you place your order ?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Sep 2015, 8:21 pm

bentaz wrote:
brett1868 wrote: My only of complaint is that given all the hype of it being a high tech rapid firing death machine I was expecting to feel a bit more rampaging but I don't. Guess the anti's were leading me on....the bastards!!!
:)

It's the 2 extra rounds that turn you into a deranged killer, if you had the 7 shot your wife and kids would be dead by now!

........ bit out of line, but along the lines of the thinking of our now EX pm.... correct. 7rounds terrorist mass killer / 5 rounds sweet :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 15 Sep 2015, 8:27 pm

It's the first 5 rounds that gets you goin'. If you have to reload you forget and go sane again :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by DML » 15 Sep 2015, 9:56 pm

Title_II wrote:It's the first 5 rounds that gets you goin'. If you have to reload you forget and go sane again :)

That's where the clever psychopath (and they're surely not clever, right? :roll: ) would simply have a second Adler slung over his/her shoulder with another 6 rounds loaded and ready to go. That is proof of how tremendous the waste of time and money was to have the firearm made with a 5-round magazine.

Really, a true psychopath (Martin Place Siege) would have a pump action shotgun and a bag of other assorted toys ready to go. All the kinds that were banned after 1996.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 15 Sep 2015, 10:46 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
brett1868 wrote:
IMG_1583.JPG

Looks like Brett takes the door prize for being the first one on this forum to get his fingers on one.

When did you place your order ?

Ordered a day or 2 after the news broke on here that they were coming. Figuring that the 20" would sell like hot cakes I went for the 28" to be sure I'd get one. I've got 2 other 20" shotguns and wasn't particularly fussed about barrel length. Most of the shooting it'll do will be rabbits and birds so the longer barrel is actually better for me. I do have the 20" barrel on order for when they eventually get caught up on orders.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 15 Sep 2015, 10:54 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:brett, take the mag off, show some pics, screw on - does it have a flange/plain tube?
maybe gee I dunno someone could start producing 7/ 9 / 15 rounds mag extensions for it!!
After all, there's no mag limit (once inland) :P :allegedly: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(a modded Addie with a 15 round mag extension, or even a little 7 8 or 10, would cause most of every house of parliament to go into fits of conniptions...I'd LOVE to see it - in fact I would PAY to see it :D

One of the first things I tried was to remove the mag tube, all in the name of being able to clean it properly. It's more than hand tight and I wasn't going to put any tools on it, couldn't see any pins or welds so I'm assuming at this stage it's press fitted. The top of the tube has a lip on the inside preventing the cap and spring coming off so no joy there. I'll spend some time tomorrow having a good look, can't be long before after market upgrades become available. The interesting bit is the label on the end of the box has the 8 coloured in with black Texta so these have to be the original order with a rework of the mag tube.
I just shot 500 rounds of pistol and 25 rounds of .308 tonight so I'm over guns for the moment....or at least till tomorrow :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Antie » 16 Sep 2015, 10:29 am

brett1868 wrote:The interesting bit is the label on the end of the box has the 8 coloured in with black Texta

High grade work :sarcasm:
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Next

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.