Need A .410 for around the farm! What brand and config?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Need A .410 for around the farm! What brand and config?

Post by Wes » 04 Jan 2016, 10:07 am

Title_II wrote:I thought you guys weren't allowed to have pump shotguns?

Only if your a primary producer using it for pest control, and then you can only use it on that land for that purpose. Can't take it to the range or go hunting with it elsewhere.

Contract hunter too I guess as Mallee says?

I believe a physical disability is the only exception that will give a civilian a pump action here for sport/recreational hunting purposes.
Wes
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 04 Jan 2016, 11:25 am

I'm leaning towards a stoeger SxS coach gun does anyone have any experience with these? Also possibly a Hasan ultima
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by veep » 08 Jan 2016, 9:52 am

Wes wrote:Only if your a primary producer using it for pest control, and then you can only use it on that land for that purpose. Can't take it to the range or go hunting with it elsewhere.

Great gun-grabber logic evident there.

Instead of let us use 1 gun in two places we need to buy more guns for the property and range.

Logic fail.
veep
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 08 Jan 2016, 10:26 am

Yep!!
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by chacka » 08 Jan 2016, 1:55 pm

If it means twice as many keep it up :lol:
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by MalleeFarmer » 23 Jan 2016, 7:16 pm

Strikey wrote:
MalleeFarmer wrote:Ok I should have given more background! Already have a 12g so don't need another one she is already licenced for PP. for birds bunnies and foxes even for the odd Scaley rope near the house as we have a nearly 2 yo son and one on the way.

If you want something cheap and effective at controlling those " Scaley ropes" I can send you some Cane Toads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: nah sorry mate you can keep em. Have enough vermin down here without em.
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Bourt » 05 Feb 2016, 9:58 am

Strikey wrote: If you want something cheap and effective at controlling those " Scaley ropes" I can send you some Cane Toads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cause that worked out so well for controlling the cane beetle problem :lol:
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.