Pimping a Remington 7600

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Pimping a Remington 7600

Post by DrDerpy » 06 Jan 2016, 11:55 pm

Hi guys

I'm finally going to get some firearms of my own within about 6 months (you know the whole licensing process etc takes time) and I like the look of the Remington 7600 pump action rifles in .308 WIN calibre.

You are all probably infinitely more familiar with the gun than myself:

I really like the straight industrial look as pictured in this topic on an American forum: (although this is an 870 shotgun)
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=347970

I have gathered so far a lot fo this stuff is interchangeable between the 870 SHotgun and the 7600-7615.

There are some for sale that are similar:

[Broken link removed]

But I am not a fan or the rounded rear.

With very, very, very, very, very minimal knowledge on the subject I have so far researched and figured I might need the following:

An AG-43 pistol grip (readily available)
Cost= bugger all

A Mesa High Tube Stock Kit
About $500

That will then allow the fitting of this:
Magpul PRS stock
About $485

An Aimtech War Hammer mounting rail (these seem to be a bit rare and this is the only new onIy can find for sale, if anyone has a newer more readily available alternative I am open to suggestion)
Price= Maybe $300 or so

Although I seen an alternative in one of the Mesa ones:
Price= $250

There is a bit of a video series on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9AZwpLcqXI Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udrKpRoK7J4 Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOfMzPd9Vt0 Part 3

Are vertical foregrips permissible in NSW>\?

Not being an expert I have no idea how to achieve this bit at the end of the gun (NOTE: The rail on this gun is an ETA 18" Rhino Rail):
Obviously the torch is hanging onto it, but what is the piece adjoining the rail?

Any advice and help appreciated guys :)
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Pimping a Remington 7600

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 07 Jan 2016, 6:16 am

Wouldn't it be good if there was enough traffic on this site to justify gun specific sub-forums ...

Clearly defined / separate areas for shotguns, handguns, air rifles etc and a 'really special' place for tactical stuff.
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 07 Jan 2016, 7:06 am

Look at the rail above your photo, see the 4 holes? Now, in the photo of the shottie, the torch is in a holder attached to the dovetail on an extra rail attached to the top rail. The 2 pieces either side are joining pieces. Best of luck with your licence/PTA, and have fun spending money to "pimp" a rifle. When you get to that point, I'm sure the gunshop will be only too happy to help you buy stuff to use, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 07 Jan 2016, 9:29 am

If buying a 7600, make sure you get a good one as I have heard "horror" stories and not just from one source.

I own one and it works perfectly so I don't have an axe to grind. Sadly though, it seems that buying guns is a bit of a lottery.

Good Luck :)
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Chronos » 07 Jan 2016, 9:36 am

You want to put $1500 worth of accessories on a 7600?

Check out used guns, lots of tricked out Remington pumps go for around that money or less.

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 07 Jan 2016, 3:31 pm

Not sure how deep your pockets are but buy the 22 / 223 to build experience and confidence while saving for something that's already fairly well "Pimped". AI make an excellent rifle along with DTA that has both the looks and street cred. Tarting up a 7600 is like doing up the Lancer to look like an EVO, by the time the dust settles you've spent almost as much as what the original cost.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 07 Jan 2016, 4:10 pm

brett1868 wrote:Not sure how deep your pockets are but buy the 22 / 223 to build experience and confidence while saving for something that's already fairly well "Pimped". AI make an excellent rifle along with DTA that has both the looks and street cred. Tarting up a 7600 is like doing up the Lancer to look like an EVO, by the time the dust settles you've spent almost as much as what the original cost.

And in time .... you'll wonder why the f**k you did it ! Lol
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by DrDerpy » 07 Jan 2016, 5:11 pm

brett1868 wrote:Not sure how deep your pockets are but buy the 22 / 223 to build experience and confidence while saving for something that's already fairly well "Pimped". AI make an excellent rifle along with DTA that has both the looks and street cred. Tarting up a 7600 is like doing up the Lancer to look like an EVO, by the time the dust settles you've spent almost as much as what the original cost.

Thanks man.
The AI rifles do look like impressive bits of kit.

I am really only light on with knowing what the brands are - apart from being told to steer clear of anything large calibre in Savage for some reason.
Is there anything out there pretty specked up in the pump action variety?
I'm not a massive fan of bolt action.
I don't suppose that pump action AR15 is likely to make an appearance here?
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by TheDude » 07 Jan 2016, 5:21 pm

if you can wait you could always go the WFA1 from Warwick but talk is currently a 12 month wait list. It's straight pull rather than pump but has the rails etc and fits AR style butt stocks and grips.

I've not shot one of the 7600/15s with the the full length rails but from what I've heard so have a bit of movement since they are only fixed at the rear so won't be all that accurate. If it's just for close range on pigs etc it won't matter much I guess.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by DrDerpy » 07 Jan 2016, 5:45 pm

TheDude wrote:if you can wait you could always go the WFA1 from Warwick but talk is currently a 12 month wait list. It's straight pull rather than pump but has the rails etc and fits AR style butt stocks and grips.

I've not shot one of the 7600/15s with the the full length rails but from what I've heard so have a bit of movement since they are only fixed at the rear so won't be all that accurate. If it's just for close range on pigs etc it won't matter much I guess.

That is a sexy piece of machinery!
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Blu333 » 08 Jan 2016, 1:05 pm

I've got the short barreled 308 love it, like someone said earlier they can be hit and miss though. Another person with a reliable one here.
12G Pardus LAX12 Marine 20"
12G Adler A110
12G Winchester 101 O/U
.308 Rem 7600P - Leupold Vx1 3-9x40mm
.308 Rem 700 VSFII - Nightforce 8-32x56mm
.223 Tikka Super Varmint - Leupold VX2 6-18x40mm
.22LR CZ 455 Bushnell 4-12
.22 Winchester Air Rifle
Blu333
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by happyhunter » 12 Jan 2016, 8:34 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 16 Feb 2017, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Jan 2016, 6:21 pm

I bought a 7600 Camo (new) in .308
It functions very well and has no horror stories attached to it as far as functionality is concerned.

However, the general feel of it is far lacking that of a good timber stock.
The synthetic smacks of cheapness in my opinion.
:roll:
100_3905.JPG
100_3905.JPG (482.29 KiB) Viewed 7477 times
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by chacka » 13 Jan 2016, 10:26 am

bentaz wrote:What do actually plan on shooting with it?

Shooting stuff? Nah it's just for looking cool at the range :lol:
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.