New model Adler Lever action shotgun

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

New model Adler Lever action shotgun

Post by sandgroperbill » 13 Jan 2016, 11:13 pm

New model Adler lever action shotgun - synthetic.

Got an email from a Perth LGS this afternoon. Apparently Adler have introduced a new synthetic lever action shotgun, and they've suspended production of their semi-autos to produce the synthetics alongside the timber version.

The synthetic shotguns are going to cause quite a storm - they're black. Add that to the fact that they're new high tech automatic 8 rounds a second and, well, you know the story :sarcasm:
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: New model Adler Lever action shotgun

Post by Supaduke » 14 Jan 2016, 10:46 am

I've also noticed a few aftermarket parts have begun to appear, such as a fore end adapter to mount rem870 furniture. Guess we will start seeing 'tacticool' versions with all manner of lasers, torches etc. hanging off them. Not sure if it's my thing but a tac'ed up 20inch would probably look pretty badass. Not sure if it would be useful for anything though. A 28inch with a nice torch slung on the rail could be quite a decent twilight bunny buster though
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 14 Jan 2016, 11:17 am

thw synthetic stock guns are a good idea and if it could bring down the price it would be nice for you guys a scope barrel would be nice to for slugs
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Jan 2016, 11:55 am

Can't wait to see how the tards spin this..... synthetic stock :shock: that will make it so much more dangerous :lol: and black too, OMG wont someone think of the kids.....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by coloradoboy » 14 Jan 2016, 12:27 pm

hmmm don't think this shotgun has reached our shores yet.

might have to check with cabela's and bass pro. we don't have many foreign makes here except for german/ austrian. wonder how a turkish firearm is like. do you guys and gals know whether it is reliable and has a smooth action like the pumps 870 and 500 cause levers always seem more prone to rigidity.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Jan 2016, 1:01 pm

I would say 99% of Aussie shooters who bought an Adler did so because its the closest they can get to a semi-auto. Marketing care/of the Greens!!!! (effing tards)....
Has the semiauto shotties NOT been taken away from most (but not all!) shooters, then there would be little/no market for this shottie.... I dare say, given the plentiful semi-auto market in the USA, there would be little call for such a shotgun??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 14 Jan 2016, 11:50 pm

Mods, perhaps this thread could be merged with the other Adler thread that popped up around the same time? the conversation is along similar lines...

And I'm a little torn between whether to get the timber or synthetic, still leaning towards the timber, though.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 15 Jan 2016, 10:18 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I would say 99% of Aussie shooters who bought an Adler did so because its the closest they can get to a semi-auto. Marketing care/of the Greens!!!! (effing tards)....
Has the semiauto shotties NOT been taken away from most (but not all!) shooters, then there would be little/no market for this shottie.... I dare say, given the plentiful semi-auto market in the USA, there would be little call for such a shotgun??

You also skipped mentioning pumps.

No, I've never heard of this in the USA. I've never seen a lever shotgun in the US, despite attending many gun shows (that include used guns) and being somewhat of a firearms enthusiast. I am aware they exist, but never seen one. Shotguns come in barrel, multibarrel, pump, semi, and auto in the US. Plus the less common bolt action shotgun, which I did own but not sure anybody makes anymore.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Jan 2016, 10:42 am

Most of the levergun makers did or do offer shotguns in girlie-girl (aka .410) in the US.... unless theyre for foreign consumption perhaps...win 94, Marlin 95
((I personally have only ever slightly above zero interest in a lever 410..... only curiosity level interest))
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 16 Jan 2016, 1:38 am

Like i said, I know they exist, never seen one. .410 is girlie but it will kill you or a deer just as dead as a 12 gauge. Same size pellets, same velocity. Actually, in the US the funny thing is they rarely have buck on the shelf. I guess they figure if you meant business you would have started at 20 :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Rocker » 18 Jan 2016, 2:12 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:((I personally have only ever slightly above zero interest in a lever 410..... only curiosity level interest))

And curiosity sure as f*** isn't worth how much the ammo costs compared to trusty 12g
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 03 Feb 2016, 11:26 am

So I spoke to my LGS yesterday afternoon to get their details to have my .22lr transferred in, and they still have no update on when their first adlers are going to arrive.
Now, on the one hand, there will be more discussion around them in April, so some slight risk associated with getting one, but on the other hand, I had ordered my Adler as soon as they were announced, I'm second on the list (1st for 20") and have been since they were announced. BUT... being in WA, we're the last to have our first orders filled, so eta on the first batch is still unknown (expected to be maybe around May-June-July).

Now, that wouldn't be so bad, I'm a patient guy... except...
To add more firearms to a license costs $180 in fees, but it's not per firearm, so you try to add multiple firearms at the same time, except then the storage cost while you're waiting to license them and they're at your dealer are $10 per week... so either way you're screwed.

So I decided to try see if I could source something elsewhere, and it just so happens that on first try, I called someone who has an order in with Nioa, confirmed to be in the first batch, and they have some synthetics arriving in very early March. So I've paid my deposit and will now have one sent across to me from Brett's favourite LGS in early March.

Now just to hope nothing comes of these meetings in April...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Modena » 03 Feb 2016, 12:51 pm

What do you mean "when they arrive", are you referring to synthetic?

What is in April? If you are referring to the ban on the 7-shot tube then that is August isn't it?
Modena
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 03 Feb 2016, 1:36 pm

Synthetic ones are due, I am told, in March-April. I've put a deposit down on the 28" version. Should be fun.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 15 Feb 2016, 11:41 pm

Got a phone call from my lgs today. My timber stock adler just arrived.

Friggin Murphy's law. I wonder if magnum sports would let me transfer my deposit to another rifle, or perhaps even to a 28" synthetic adler. The barrels between the timber and synthetic *should* be interchangeable...

Have to make some phone calls in the morning...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by wrenchman » 16 Feb 2016, 9:31 am

could i trade you a 870 i want to play with one it would be cool i still have not seen one here
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Feb 2016, 12:05 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:So I spoke to my LGS yesterday afternoon to get their details to have my .22lr transferred in, and they still have no update on when their first adlers are going to arrive.
Now, on the one hand, there will be more discussion around them in April, so some slight risk associated with getting one, but on the other hand, I had ordered my Adler as soon as they were announced, I'm second on the list (1st for 20") and have been since they were announced. BUT... being in WA, we're the last to have our first orders filled, so eta on the first batch is still unknown (expected to be maybe around May-June-July).

Now, that wouldn't be so bad, I'm a patient guy... except...
To add more firearms to a license costs $180 in fees, but it's not per firearm, so you try to add multiple firearms at the same time, except then the storage cost while you're waiting to license them and they're at your dealer are $10 per week... so either way you're screwed.

So I decided to try see if I could source something elsewhere, and it just so happens that on first try, I called someone who has an order in with Nioa, confirmed to be in the first batch, and they have some synthetics arriving in very early March. So I've paid my deposit and will now have one sent across to me from Brett's favourite LGS in early March.

Now just to hope nothing comes of these meetings in April...

Pardon the pun,,,,,,, Seems to me it would almost be worth "biting the bullet" and shifting away from the Wait Awhile state.

Screw them and their $180 fee :thumbsdown:

The only words that came out of Jack Boot Johnnies mouth that I agreed on, was uniform national gun laws.
But of course that never eventuated. How silly was I to thought at the time that it would ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Feb 2016, 12:30 pm

Though the Adler in any stock or model has little to zero on my "WTB list", I cant help but think that since its inception (to Aus) it has been nothing but a carefully planned sales strategy on behalf of the manufacturers and or importers.
I believe they were feasting on the rush of orders that no doubt came about from the references to "fast fire power" added to the hype that closely followed about it being restricted / reclassified.
Its amazing how many people will jump to attention over something that is portrayed as being close to being outlawed and maybe hard to get.

The reports in the above posts seems to indicate that the manufacturers are now taking the next step / s in continuing the hype.

What I think backs up what I am saying here, are the ads on "usedguns.com"
There is a huge amount of used ones for sale listed here.
Are these owners getting their long awaited, hard to get, highly publicized firearm and finding that they are disillusioned and have been unwittingly sucked in by all the hype ????
:unknown:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 16 Feb 2016, 12:34 pm

Die Judicii, that's certainly one way to look at it. Agree. The other, just to make a statement. I got mine just because, no hype, no marketing, just to do something opposite to the greens.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Feb 2016, 3:39 pm

juststarting wrote:Die Judicii, that's certainly one way to look at it. Agree. The other, just to make a statement. I got mine just because, no hype, no marketing, just to do something opposite to the greens.

So when can I expect to see yours on usedguns ??????

Cos the greens aint gonna knock down your door to make comment on your purchase.

Kind of an anti climax methinks, :lol:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 16 Feb 2016, 6:39 pm

Die Judicii, not following
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 16 Feb 2016, 11:43 pm

Nope. i'm not a huge shottie fan, but a lever suited my purpose better than an o/u, and for the intended use a short barrel was also required. Add to that the fact that it is chambered for 3" and is supposed to cycle better than chiappa and it suited my needs.

I can see that there are definitely people that would have bought into it based purely on the hype, but not I.

Now, as for my current dilemma, I have to decide whether to get just the synthetic, one of each (20" and 28") or just the timber plus another rifle as I have only just paidt he deposit on the synthetic (my lgs weren't expecting their first shipment until may-june)
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Elek » 17 Feb 2016, 1:41 pm

Was the Chiappa triple barrel break-open available when you got your lever?

Just for conversation sake would that have convinced you to go the break-open option instead of a lever?
Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308 Win
Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range in .223 Rem
Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 4.5-30x 50mm
Elek
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by happyhunter » 17 Feb 2016, 5:33 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 24 Feb 2017, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by juststarting » 17 Feb 2016, 5:38 pm

happyhunter wrote:
Hahahahaahaa.. you hit the nail with that one. :D

You are just jealous :violin:
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 17 Feb 2016, 8:06 pm

The triple barrels didn't balance right, at least not for me. Too front heavy, but yes, I did consider and handle them
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Vati » 01 Mar 2016, 2:56 pm

Die Judicii wrote:The only words that came out of Jack Boot Johnnies mouth that I agreed on, was uniform national gun laws.

Or we'll end up with a combining the worst bits of all.

Start with WA and go backwards :lol:
Reach out and touch...
Vati
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.