Akkar Churchill

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Akkar Churchill

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2016, 2:19 pm

Supaduke wrote:Bunnies yes, clays no. It takes a bit of adjustment but it works. Bit lighter to carry, doesnt get caught up so much on long grass and branches etc. Points far quicker so intially tended to shoot with too much lead. Like most things in life it's all about what you are used to.

Yes I'd imagine it would swing way too fast to be easy to acquire the targets with good consistency hence the use of longer barrels for those applications. :thumbsup:

Have you put it on a pattern board to see what the patterns are like compared to the longer barrel? would be interesting to see if there is much diff between em. :thumbsup:

It's amazing the difference different brands of ammo make to patterns, I use RC2's and Win Extra Lites and I find the Extra Lites just dust the clays whereas the RC2's don't quite do that, same pellet size etc, just slightly diff charges and I guess wad designs too but it was very noticeable last time I shot clays as to which shells I was using at diff times. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Akkar Churchill

Post by Farmjer » 29 Jan 2016, 3:19 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I guess wad designs too but it was very noticeable last time I shot clays as to which shells I was using at diff times. :unknown:

Sorcery!
Farmjer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.