Rossi Coach gun - Triggers and Hammers

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Rossi Coach gun - Triggers and Hammers

Post by DrDerpy » 12 May 2016, 12:20 am

Hi guys

I got given a Rossi Overland Coach shotgun from a friend.
It is in pretty good condition but I would like to give it a birthday.
Despite Googling the hell out of the subject I can't find anywhere (obvious) that sells the triggers and the hammers for the gun.
It is one of the ones with the external hammers (old school) as pictured below:

I don't suppose anyone has a URL or knowledge of a dealer etc that can sell me a bit of a kit fo this as I wouldn't mind replacing the triggers either.

Any help appreciated.
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Rossi Coach gun - Triggers and Hammers

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 12 May 2016, 7:24 am

My first port of call is usually call up the manufacturer, then from there you can usually get an idea of where to continue to look
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 12 May 2016, 8:00 am

G'day DrDerpy,
What is wrong with the hammers and triggers on your gun? Your pic didn't come through, so we can't see what is wrong or damaged. What do you mean, "a bit of kit?", do you mean aftermarket accessories? None were made for the Overland. OSA are the Rossi agents in Australia I believe, and both Brownells and Numrich carry parts for them. You could also try the Gunsmiths.com.au, who could repair your gun if the hammers are broken, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 May 2016, 1:14 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:My first port of call is usually call up the manufacturer, then from there you can usually get an idea of where to continue to look

If you speak Portuguese :)

Else call up the local distributor....

Post a pick of your gun, not a stock photo....(you cant link to some websites like the one you linked to, gunsamerica...)

:thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by DrDerpy » 12 May 2016, 5:02 pm

Hey guys
By kit I thought they might have had a "reproduction kit" for sale somewhere like Rare Spares do for cars.
Googling tells me this isn't the case.
I checked Numrich last night and the hammers - both left and right - are sold out.
I just need one screw for the left hand hammer but I was thinking "while its apart I should give it a birthday".
The gun isn't in bad condition otherwise though, and by the looks of it for now the extent of work will have to be replacing the screws on the hammers only - at $4 each the postage will be more than the screws.
I don't want to add anything aftermarket to it as it looks nice as is, although if it were all available I would be going either silver or gold triggers and hammers.
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by DrDerpy » 12 May 2016, 5:36 pm

Hammers with screws visible
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 4903 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 4903 times
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by DrDerpy » 21 May 2016, 3:25 pm

UPDATE: Numrich wanted $4 for the screw, and over $40 for postage and handling...........
I am just going to get some new ones made up.
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by GLS_1956 » 22 May 2016, 12:04 am

DrDerpy wrote:UPDATE: Numrich wanted $4 for the screw, and over $40 for postage and handling...........
I am just going to get some new ones made up.

Good move. I'd be surprised if you can't find the proper looking/fitting screw in a hardware shop. You might have to do something to remove bright finish, but in any case a good gunsmith/machinist should be able to make you one for just a few dollars.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Chickenhawk » 25 May 2016, 9:08 am

DrDerpy wrote:UPDATE: Numrich wanted $4 for the screw, and over $40 for postage and handling...........

Love those American postage costs :problem: :sarcasm:
Chickenhawk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.