SxS with ejectors ?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

SxS with ejectors ?

Post by bigpete » 23 Sep 2016, 10:00 am

Just curious does anyone know of a brand of 12 gauge sxs with screw in chokes and ejectors,preferably coach gun length? I know years ago there was a 28" one called a Gazelle but they seem to have disappeared now.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: SxS with ejectors ?

Post by bladeracer » 23 Sep 2016, 1:57 pm

bigpete wrote:Just curious does anyone know of a brand of 12 gauge sxs with screw in chokes and ejectors,preferably coach gun length? I know years ago there was a 28" one called a Gazelle but they seem to have disappeared now.

Maybe Stoeger's Coach Gun Supreme?
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/coach- ... me-shotgun
The website says they have "shell extractors" but they say the same for my Condor which extracts them right over my shoulder. Apparently only the "Condor Supreme" is supposed to eject.

I'd prefer hammers myself but I think I'll learn to live with hammerless.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 23 Sep 2016, 2:36 pm

After playing with a Baikal hammered coach gun this week I definitely don't want hammers :-)
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 23 Sep 2016, 2:38 pm

Seems like the only way to get ejectors is buy an O/U or a really expensive SxS with long barrels :-(
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 23 Sep 2016, 3:56 pm

bigpete wrote:After playing with a Baikal hammered coach gun this week I definitely don't want hammers :-)

I just don't like carrying a gun open in the field, the same way I wouldn't like to have an engine opened up outside :-)
I'd rather have the gun closed and hammers down but I'll get used to it.

One annoyance I've found with my Condor is that the lever is reflective and light hitting the curve really pulls my eye away from the centreline of the rib. And the lever is not centered when the action is closed, it angles away to the right side which just makes it worse.

So I've put TruGlo rib-mounted rifle sights on it :-)
Attachments
230920161552.jpg
230920161552.jpg (861.82 KiB) Viewed 6495 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 23 Sep 2016, 3:59 pm

bigpete wrote:Seems like the only way to get ejectors is buy an O/U or a really expensive SxS with long barrels :-(

I'd suggest finding somebody with a Stoeger Coach Supreme and find out if it does actually eject.
20" barrels and choke tubes.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 23 Sep 2016, 5:40 pm

G'day bigpete,
Any gun can become a coach gun buy application of gunsmith. I recently had a Borghesi SXS hammergun shortened to 20", and with the amount of barrel wall thickness screw in chokes could be fitted by the same gunsmith. Mialls in Frankston do a lot of that sort of thing. you don't have to buy a top class gun, ejectors were fitted to such guns as Baikal, Laurona, Eibar, just to name a few. Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 23 Sep 2016, 7:01 pm

Yeah,true,but I can't afford to get screw in chokes installed. Last time I enquired about it I was quoted $300+ ,then I had to buy the chokes as well ! And it still doesn't solve the problem of no ejectors. I find it curious that you can buy a pretty nice O/U shotgun with screw in chokes and ejectors for under a grand,but no one seems to care about SxS's.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Press » 26 Sep 2016, 2:35 pm

bigpete wrote:After playing with a Baikal hammered coach gun this week I definitely don't want hammers :-)

Hammers aside, what did you think of the Baikal quality overall?
Howa 'bout it?

Howa Hunter 308
Marlin 444
Howa Talon 25-06
Winchester 1900 22LR
Press
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.