best over/unders at $1500 to $2000

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

best over/unders at $1500 to $2000

Post by Rmwilliams19 » 26 Sep 2016, 9:16 am

Gday shooters. Looking for the best "bang for buck" over/under with a budget of $1500 to $2000.I have seen miroku mk 70s been on sale from $2300 to around the $1550 mark¡ I will be using it for field and clays. So a sporter type will best suit. What y'all wreckon?
Rmwilliams19
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: best over/unders at $1500 to $2000

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 26 Sep 2016, 5:04 pm

Hard to go past Miroku, for out and out 'bang for your buck'.
These Jap made guns are ( in my opinion ) way better value than offerings by the Turks and Eyties.
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 03 Oct 2016, 1:55 am

Which way did you jump
RM ?
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 03 Oct 2016, 5:43 am

Should be able to get a Beretta SP1 (Silver Pigeon) for around that price range (2nd hand with little use) if you look hard enough, a nicely made shotgun and a lifetime free service as well which is a nice little feature (I got mine fully serviced by Beretta at one of their open days) cost nothing other than me showing up and handing it to them, 20mins later it was back in my hands and put into action on some clays.

Great service from the Beretta Team.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by happyhunter » 03 Oct 2016, 9:35 am

If you are chasing new take a look at Franchi Phoenix.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 04 Oct 2016, 4:02 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Should be able to get a Beretta SP1 (Silver Pigeon) for around that price range (2nd hand with little use) if you look hard enough, a nicely made shotgun and a lifetime free service as well which is a nice little feature (I got mine fully serviced by Beretta at one of their open days) cost nothing other than me showing up and handing it to them, 20mins later it was back in my hands and put into action on some clays.

A 'proper' gun doesn't need annual servicing ...

My Winchesters have done 'Just fine', since they were made nearly 40 years ago.

( this should get him going. Lol )
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 04 Oct 2016, 4:24 pm

New, bettinsoli, franchi

Used - older berettas

Can't go wrong
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 04 Oct 2016, 4:33 pm

AusTac wrote:New, bettinsoli, franchi

Used - older berettas

Can't go wrong

Why is a used Beretta, any better than a used Browning or Miroku.

( the Japs make GREAT guns )
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 04 Oct 2016, 4:34 pm

It's not, they're just different guns, i wouldn't hesitate in buying eaither brand i just don't have experience with them so hence didn't recommend them
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 04 Oct 2016, 4:37 pm

That's makes sense AusTac.

But, regarding the question put by the OP .....
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 05 Oct 2016, 10:36 am

MR. WINCHESTER wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Should be able to get a Beretta SP1 (Silver Pigeon) for around that price range (2nd hand with little use) if you look hard enough, a nicely made shotgun and a lifetime free service as well which is a nice little feature (I got mine fully serviced by Beretta at one of their open days) cost nothing other than me showing up and handing it to them, 20mins later it was back in my hands and put into action on some clays.

Some clay shooters put thousands of rounds through their shotguns each year. Servicing makes great sense if you are a high volume shooter.

I have a PB 409 that's 65 years old and never been serviced but it only gets used for hunting so doesn't see more than a couple hundred rounds down the tube per year.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Oct 2016, 12:08 pm

MR. WINCHESTER wrote:

Of course yours don't need servicing, why would they when their only purpose it to collect dust, ya should sell em and put the $50 towards a Boito, then you'll have a gun worth using. :lol: and hurry up and get rid of that noisy motorbike before the cops give ya another momento to remind ya why ya shoulda bought a real bike instead of a noisy slow movin lounge chair on wheels.:sarcasm:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by happyhunter » 05 Oct 2016, 3:49 pm

hahaha.. looks like Mr Winchester has a crush on BFS. Better not drop the soap.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Oct 2016, 3:58 pm

happyhunter wrote:hahaha.. looks like Mr Winchester has a crush on BFS. Better not drop the soap.

I'm swappin over to liquid soap :lol: I love my little mate Winny - he's just a bit grumpy these days (I think he's suffering Boito Envy) :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Rmwilliams19 » 05 Oct 2016, 6:38 pm

Haha cheers fellas. My choice has come down to a franchi Phoenix or a miroku mk70 .it ultimately will be decided on which one I feel Shoulders best for me!
Rmwilliams19
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Oct 2016, 10:10 pm

Rmwilliams19 wrote:Haha cheers fellas. My choice has come down to a franchi Phoenix or a miroku mk70 .it ultimately will be decided on which one I feel Shoulders best for me!

I'm sure either will serve you well mate, let us know how it all turns out for you. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by happyhunter » 05 Oct 2016, 10:12 pm

Rmwilliams19 wrote:Haha cheers fellas. My choice has come down to a franchi Phoenix or a miroku mk70 .it ultimately will be decided on which one I feel Shoulders best for me!

Happy days ahead with either of those although I'm a Franchi fan.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 06 Oct 2016, 4:32 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
MR. WINCHESTER wrote:

Of course yours don't need servicing, why would they when their only purpose it to collect dust, ya should sell em and put the $50 towards a Boito, then you'll have a gun worth using. :lol: and hurry up and get rid of that noisy motorbike before the cops give ya another momento to remind ya why ya shoulda bought a real bike instead of a noisy slow movin lounge chair on wheels.:sarcasm:

Gonna kick the dog and strangle the cat, because of your cold hearted meanness !
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 06 Oct 2016, 7:21 pm

MR. WINCHESTER wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
MR. WINCHESTER wrote:

Gonna kick the dog and strangle the cat, because of your cold hearted meanness !

Give em 2 for me will ya :D :sarcasm:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Aussie wildcat » 11 Oct 2016, 10:22 am

Browning citori certainly worth considering..comes with choke options and ejectors , however like all shotguns buy one that fits ..what is good for one is not good for all,, ohh another thing if it goes bang ban it's a good one ..
Aussie wildcat
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Releb » 11 Oct 2016, 10:57 am

happyhunter wrote:If you are chasing new take a look at Franchi Phoenix.

That was going to be my suggestions too.

$1,600 I think and good for the money.
Tikka Stainless from 30-06 Springfield lane.
Releb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.