Uzkon vs Adler shotguns

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Uzkon vs Adler shotguns

Post by Khan » 04 Nov 2016, 2:19 pm

G'day all,

I'm thinking about a lever action shotgun but with all the fuss (read: bulls**t nonsense) I'm not sure I want to invest in one while it's fate is up in the air.

Anyone shooting an Uzkon?

How do they compare?
44 Rem. Magnum Marlin Model 1894
.280 Rem. Browning X-Bolt Hunter
Khan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Re: Uzkon vs Adler shotguns

Post by Gun-nut » 04 Nov 2016, 2:50 pm

I have no experience with either, but if I had to choose, I'd opt for the Adler. Nioa heavily tested them before entering the country and deemed them reliable enough for the average pig hunter (it's still no pump action, and won't be as reliable or easy to operate as one). Another important factor is aftermarket support for the Adler is huge at the moment, including extension tubes, stocks, for end adapters etc.

I have heard that the Uzkon's can be quite problematic in terms with feeding and extraction. This doesn't mean you won't find a good example of one that will function flawlessly. In the end it's all about personal preference, and I recommend you fire both before purchasing one.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Boo » 04 Nov 2016, 5:28 pm

Just think of the children before you decide :D
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by happyhunter » 04 Nov 2016, 7:32 pm

There's a few options in that configuration. Pretty sure the Emerald comes in 10 shot too for around $800 new. Don't know if they are any good but sure aren't ugly :D
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by OODAH » 05 Nov 2016, 10:44 am

I have no complaints with the Adler, it is what it is, first few rounds through are a bit clunky after that it cycles well. I have even used it clay shooting.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.
OODAH
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gregg » 07 Nov 2016, 9:31 am

Boo wrote:Just think of the children before you decide :D

Get them a junior license you mean? :lol:
Howa 1500 .270 WInchester
Savage Model 10/110 Predator .204 Ruger
Gregg
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by ICEng » 08 Nov 2016, 7:03 pm

We've played with most of them in the wokshop and the field. The Adler certainly has more after market support but around the workshop our favourite is the Uzkon because of the strength of the action and multiple lock up points (the action bites in multiple areas which adds strength to the system).

The Pardus has an uncomfortably high return rate from the factory (having to send them back because they don't work out of the box). We've had our hands on the Emerald and cycled it in the workshop, but not live fired it so can't comment. IAC and Chiappa, they're all clones of the same design so comes down to personal preference.
Ignition Custom Engineering - manufacuring gunsmiths & firearm services
www.iceng.com.au | Ph 0402219831 | sales@iceng.com.au
ICEng
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Pythonkeeper » 30 Nov 2016, 5:14 pm

I've only shot the Adler which I own so can't comment on the others. I have the all weather, while it's a good shooter and I find the action quite smooth the "all weather" bit should be taken with a grain of salt, I got a small amount of rain on mine the other night coming in from a hunt, I wiped it dry and zipped it in its bag next to me in the swag, got it out next morning and it was peppered with rust all over, I also noticed its starting to bubble all over the receiver area under the nickel coating, it's only been out twice, not overly happy about that but not sure if I want to take it back as it's mechanically excellent......
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 30 Nov 2016, 6:58 pm

The Adler comes with a seriously good warranty. That's got to say something about its build quality.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Will » 02 Dec 2016, 10:00 am

Gregg wrote:
Boo wrote:Just think of the children before you decide :D

Get them a junior license you mean? :lol:

Spot on :thumbsup:
Roessler Waffen Titan 6
Viper Vortex HS 4-16x44
Will
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.