Adler 5 shot question

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler 5 shot question

Post by oldmateadz » 09 Dec 2016, 9:05 pm

So, as I speak... the 5 shot Adler is still cat A.
I put a deposit down on one at my local gun store the other day and sent off my PTA application. If it gets moved to cat B while I'm waiting for the PTA to come back, will it get rejected and I'll have to start from scratch?
Keep on Shootin'!
oldmateadz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Adler 5 shot question

Post by happyhunter » 09 Dec 2016, 9:17 pm

oldmateadz wrote:So, as I speak... the 5 shot Adler is still cat A.
I put a deposit down on one at my local gun store the other day and sent off my PTA application. If it gets moved to cat B while I'm waiting for the PTA to come back, will it get rejected and I'll have to start from scratch?

Who knows? That's a question you need to ask the bed wetters that administer the rules. It's all down the rabbit hole now.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Dec 2016, 9:28 pm

You probably should have thought about the children ...
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by scotty87 » 10 Dec 2016, 8:43 am

Lol they will maybe just ask for a genuine reason, which you'll say "sports shooting and pest animal control" and they'll say "derp, glad we cleared that up"
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 10 Dec 2016, 9:48 am

If you apply for a Cat A, for a Cat B - it would be rejected,
If its processed before the State changes the law (firearms Act) which would obviously take some time....you will have the Adler in your hands...

How the many thousands of 'A' registered lever shotguns (not just Adlers!) will be dealt with... is anyones guess, 'grace period' within which to re-apply as a Cat B, letter seeking your 'genuine need' :unknown:

I wonder to what length they'll 'track down' all the murder weapon gun modified extended magazine bullet ammunitions Cat D Adlers... (Sham Lee inspiration there) :crazy: :huh:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by wade06 » 10 Dec 2016, 10:01 am

Not sure on the Adler but you could always get a Cat B licence as well.

If you know someone with a few acres who is willing to sign it is pretty simple to get Cat B for recreational hunting / vermin control.
Say its for foxes... don't mention roos.
Walnut Lithgow La101 .22LR - Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42
Tikka T3 Lite .243W - Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42
wade06
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by jaydos » 10 Dec 2016, 10:14 am

tempted to get one while theyre still cat a, however what are exactly the repurcussions if it gets raised to cat b, i doubt weapons licensing have the infrastructure to individually go through everyone who owns a lever action shotgun and get more details of the weapon off them. QLD in particularly wont get this passed through parliament for a while as KAP have vowed to block it and i doubt LNP would cross the floor to support the labor minority.
jaydos
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Sam45 » 10 Dec 2016, 10:33 am

Go get it mate. It still needs full approval via each state in their relative parliament. It's not a done deal yet buddy.Also write to your local member and go see them. Tell them your not happy about it. :thumbsup:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by oldmateadz » 10 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm

wade06 wrote:Not sure on the Adler but you could always get a Cat B licence as well.

If you know someone with a few acres who is willing to sign it is pretty simple to get Cat B for recreational hunting / vermin control.
Say its for foxes... don't mention roos.

I've already got cat B for target shooting/hunting, so that's not an issue. I just don't want to be dicked around as I've already pretty much paid for this gun.
Keep on Shootin'!
oldmateadz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by pete1 » 10 Dec 2016, 12:14 pm

I doubt they will change it over to cat b till new year as it takes time to get it through parliament in your state if its not your first gun you will have PTA before its changed. I'm thinking of buying a Pardus gunna have a look at one soon but not as easy to find as the Adler some stores just wanna order one in, i want to have a look first..
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 10 Dec 2016, 1:48 pm

I was going to stay off this topic as I did consider getting a lever shotgun before all this started.Its a shotgun for christs sake just buy it and do what you need too.I know I am in the west and all our hunting is done on private property so no one is going to bother us in the field and it may be different in the east.You can get lever rifles in all sorts of big ass calibres how is a shotgun a problem.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by oldmateadz » 11 Dec 2016, 12:39 am

duncan61 wrote:I was going to stay off this topic as I did consider getting a lever shotgun before all this started.Its a shotgun for christs sake just buy it and do what you need too.I know I am in the west and all our hunting is done on private property so no one is going to bother us in the field and it may be different in the east.You can get lever rifles in all sorts of big ass calibres how is a shotgun a problem.

It's dumb. You can get 10 and 15 shot pump action rifles too, but pump action shotguns are restricted. Australia has gone full potato with this Adler fiasco.
Keep on Shootin'!
oldmateadz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Bourt » 12 Dec 2016, 11:54 am

on_one_wheel wrote:You probably should have thought about the children ...

God I'm sick of those guys ruining everything for everyone else :lol:
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.