Shotguns @ Little River

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Shotguns @ Little River

Post by Hunt2eat » 30 Jan 2017, 6:44 pm

Hey legends,

Quick question, Iv been heading to little river for a couple years to play around with my rifles. Now I have bought my first shotgun and was wondering if you can fire them at the main range there? I know they have the clay thrower at the end of the line next to the office building but can I stand at my bench and let off a few buck shots at a target?...

Cheers!
Hunt2eat
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Shotguns @ Little River

Post by AusTac » 30 Jan 2017, 7:13 pm

Seen blokes do it before, handy to " pattern " your shotty to with different chokes and brand of shot, it'll depend on the RO of the day, but they're usually fine with it
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by No1Mk3 » 31 Jan 2017, 4:54 am

G'day Hunt2eat,
No worries chum, Eagle Park is approved for all legal firearms and calibres, from 177 air rifles to .50BMG. Also go down past the club range, and see if the 5 stand shotgun people are there, they are a generally friendly bunch, and don't forget the main shotty range right up the top of the hill, just take the road right past the office, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Hunt2eat » 31 Jan 2017, 8:24 am

Hey,

Whats the main shotty range right on top of the hill youe mentioned? Thought it was only the 5 stand at little river...
Hunt2eat
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by RealNick » 31 Jan 2017, 9:48 am

AusTac wrote:Seen blokes do it before, handy to " pattern " your shotty to with different chokes and brand of shot, it'll depend on the RO of the day, but they're usually fine with it

Never asked if they had any problems getting on but always seem guys shooting shotties there too.

RO's just watching as normal.
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 14 Feb 2017, 2:29 pm

Same as above post.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 14 Feb 2017, 3:36 pm

G'day Hunt2eat,
Take the road right from the office, follow it up past PPLA, Cowboys, Big Game Rifle, to the top of the hill. Shotgunners up there shoot Sporting Clays, Trap, Skeet etc Cheers
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Feb 2017, 4:05 pm

I always end a sesh with a few 12g rounds up there....(and kinda pretend I'm shooting at something shhh)

Main range is all good...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Bourt » 16 Mar 2017, 11:30 am

Feral weeds, Genesis? :mrgreen:
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.