Uberti Highwall?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Uberti Highwall?

Post by Mick280 » 12 Feb 2017, 9:18 pm

in2anity wrote:
Mick280 wrote: 405 gn hand loads with the standard sights.

Mick if you don't mind my asking, what projectiles are you using there?

Don't mind at all mate.
They're Westcasting's!!
Mick.
Not enough Lever Gunsll
Mick280
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 13 Feb 2017, 6:13 am

Mick280 wrote:Don't mind at all mate.
They're Westcasting's!!
Mick.

I thought they looked like Westcasting's - I'm currently chewing through a big batch of .30 cal Westcasting's myself. They also throw that first shot flier before tightening right up :thumbsup:
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Mick280 » 13 Feb 2017, 8:57 am

Westcasting's,HRBC,Barnes,Nosler,Hornady,Sierra.
They all bloody do it to me!!! :crazy: :lol:
Mick.
Not enough Lever Gunsll
Mick280
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 13 Feb 2017, 9:24 am

Mick280 wrote:Westcasting's,HRBC,Barnes,Nosler,Hornady,Sierra.
They all bloody do it to me!!! :crazy: :lol:
Mick.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack OP - but Mick check out these Westcasting's 100yd 30-30 groups:

lubed_s.jpg
Westcasting's 165RNGP Black Premiums, pan lubed
lubed_s.jpg (39.34 KiB) Viewed 5951 times

100yd_2207_s.jpg
Marlin 336 30-30, 100yds
100yd_2207_s.jpg (54.27 KiB) Viewed 5951 times

That's with a light sporter barrel too, I reckon they'd have a lot of potential in nice HB 45-70 :drinks:
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Mick280 » 13 Feb 2017, 10:51 am

Nice group mate!! ( Do you have optics on your Marlin or just better eyes than me ? )
I've been using Westcasting's for a year or so now,after HRBC became a bit hard to get hold of.
I use them in my .45 Colts ( Pistols and Rifle ) My 38-55 and both my 45-70's and find them to be a really good product.
Finished of much better than some of the others!!
Mick.
Not enough Lever Gunsll
Mick280
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 13 Feb 2017, 11:22 am

Mick280 wrote:Nice group mate!! ( Do you have optics on your Marlin or just better eyes than me ? )

Yeah that's with an old x4 fixed Tasco - sure does help realise the potential of a rifle/load. I normally run peeps on it but I was collecting data about actual trajectory that day - stretched it out to 300yds with really promising results, could've gone further if I had the elevation for it. The peeps I have for it can be bloody accurate too though (fortunately my eyesight seems to be still hanging around 8-) ), but sometimes under certain lighting it can get tricky and quite fatiguing. The peeps have considerably more elevation which is a plus.

I'm currently waiting on some target apertures that should help considering the rather short sight radius on the 336, but I must say it's going to feel a bit unintuitive regressing to peeps again after results like that :unknown: I do really love that current configuration/load - very practical/lethal indeed!

Mick280 wrote:I've been using Westcasting's for a year or so now,after HRBC became a bit hard to get hold of.
I use them in my .45 Colts ( Pistols and Rifle ) My 38-55 and both my 45-70's and find them to be a really good product.
Finished of much better than some of the others!!
Mick.

Yeah I hear you - I'm going to go back and give HRBC another try once I get through these Westcastings - I think they've got the new workshop sorted out now as they seem quite responsive on Facebook chat. HRBCs seemed to work better with Trail Boss than Westcastings - perhaps a slightly better plinker?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Mick280 » 13 Feb 2017, 3:46 pm

Yeah,I only use Trailboss for my single action rounds because of the volume of rounds needed,so at the short ranges we shoot I don't notice the difference.
On the sights,I have peeps on my scrub gun ( .375 Win ) and they are becoming difficult for me to use.
Off to OPSM very soon!!
Mick.
Not enough Lever Gunsll
Mick280
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.