Adler shotgun

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler shotgun

Post by Clarky75 » 17 Jul 2017, 3:25 pm

Hi All,

I am considering an Adler shotgun. Main use will be for foxes, rabbits, and just a general shoot

Would you guys recommend the 20 or the 28 barrel?

Apparently you can't shoot these at Frankston, can you shoot these down at little river?

Thanks all
Clarky75
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Adler shotgun

Post by brett1868 » 17 Jul 2017, 3:46 pm

If you're set on the Adler then buy the combo that comes with both barrels. They are fairly agricultural but do get smoother with use plus the price is good.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Clarky75 » 17 Jul 2017, 4:14 pm

Yeah I was considering both barrells. Just didn't want to spend too much.
Clarky75
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Tinked » 17 Jul 2017, 4:34 pm

brett1868 wrote:If you're set on the Adler then buy the combo that comes with both barrels. They are fairly agricultural but do get smoother with use plus the price is good.

Are the barrels quick switch?

Didn't realise the Adler did this.
Tinked
Private
Private

Australian Capital Territory

Post by southwest shooter » 17 Jul 2017, 4:41 pm

I use a mates adler chasing foxes over stubble , excellent . Never had an issue .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 17 Jul 2017, 7:16 pm

Mate has one, hes a crack shot with his Beretta and got one for a laugh.
Ive seen him put a few cases through it over the last year and seen him hit a few triples on ducks this season, no issues so far, 28" and wood stock, apparently the synthetic feels even cheaper and didnt point nearly as well for him.
Oh and the lever does free up and you probably will want to wrap it in paracord or simmilar to save your knuckle skin.
Bigjobss

Post by Gun-nut » 17 Jul 2017, 7:20 pm

The prices have really come down, now that the hype is over. Buying the combo with both barrels won't set you back much at all.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by pete1 » 17 Jul 2017, 7:56 pm

Make sure you get a set of chokes longer barrel will change spread a little but chokes will change it more
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 17 Jul 2017, 9:22 pm

I took my new (to me) one out on the weekend, 20'' Timber stocked. Great fun, no issues with a couple of boxes of short brass Winchester, just kept loosening up. Swung and pointed well for me.
20" is a bit of a flame thrower, seemingly more than my Rossi coach gun.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 17 Jul 2017, 9:25 pm

Tinked wrote:
brett1868 wrote:If you're set on the Adler then buy the combo that comes with both barrels. They are fairly agricultural but do get smoother with use plus the price is good.

Are the barrels quick switch?

Didn't realise the Adler did this.

The barrel comes off easily, the retaining nut is on the magazine tube, undo that and the barrel and forewood slide out- easy as.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 18 Jul 2017, 8:25 am

bentaz wrote:I reckon the straight pulls would be worth a look too!

Which ones are these, Bentaz?
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Prettybird » 18 Jul 2017, 9:40 am

Gun-nut wrote:The prices have really come down, now that the hype is over.

I remember on used guns they were selling there for more than RRP for a while when people were so keen to get their hands on one.
Prettybird
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Heckler303 » 18 Jul 2017, 12:40 pm

I can recommend something:

Don't bother. The Adler is horribly clunky when new, the Pardus is a jam-o-matic, but a little smoother, and the only one worth taking a look at IMO is the Uzkon. It's still Turkish made and pretty average, but it's so much better than both of the previous models. Best mate will agree fully on this one :lol:
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by scaredyet » 18 Jul 2017, 1:11 pm

Glad I waited to buy mine. I paid $650 and am happy looking at it
scaredyet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Browning » 18 Jul 2017, 3:27 pm

I've got the 20" version. Have put over 1000 rounds through it now and it's worked flawlessly. Def loosens up and is not a prob to cycle now... Mine is a real scrub basher and goes on the quad, ute, and sees rain and dust and I bloody love it. Cracking little unit for the price and recommend them.
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 18 Jul 2017, 6:17 pm

Browning wrote:I've got the 20" version. Have put over 1000 rounds through it now and it's worked flawlessly. Def loosens up and is not a prob to cycle now... Mine is a real scrub basher and goes on the quad, ute, and sees rain and dust and I bloody love it. Cracking little unit for the price and recommend them.

What choke are you running in yours? And what sort of loads and game?
Mines mostly going to rabbits and foxes, 4 shot to BB, so I've put the modified choke in for now.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Browning » 18 Jul 2017, 6:46 pm

Wombat wrote:
Browning wrote:I've got the 20" version. Have put over 1000 rounds through it now and it's worked flawlessly. Def loosens up and is not a prob to cycle now... Mine is a real scrub basher and goes on the quad, ute, and sees rain and dust and I bloody love it. Cracking little unit for the price and recommend them.

What choke are you running in yours? And what sort of loads and game?
Mines mostly going to rabbits and foxes, 4 shot to BB, so I've put the modified choke in for now.

I run full choke and really only ever use 00SG or SSG.
Really only used for pigs either on the quad or walking the timber.
I've patterned it a few times to check it and it's spot on.... Perfect group for what I do....
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.