Pardus marine

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Pardus marine

Post by duncan61 » 13 Aug 2017, 5:24 pm

pardus.png
pardus.png (31.06 KiB) Viewed 6425 times
Going to have a look at this tomorrow at $850 they are giving them away.I wish to cycle the action as I have heard all sorts of rumours.Its advertised as 5 plus 1.It looks like it may have interchangable chokes.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Re: Pardus marine

Post by taffy4x4 » 13 Aug 2017, 6:13 pm

I would check out the new model LAX12 MF with a detachable box magazine
Life is not a test drive
taffy4x4
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Gun-nut » 13 Aug 2017, 6:44 pm

I'd hold out a little while longer and wait til they release their straight pull version. I've heard people were having extraction problems with their levers but the straight pull seems alright from what I've seen.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 13 Aug 2017, 7:34 pm

I Would like 28 inch barrels and prefer the tube mag underneath my concern is the action itself.Thanks for your input
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by AusC » 13 Aug 2017, 8:46 pm

It's a smart looking little unit.

Give us the feedback when you've given it a run :thumbsup:
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wes » 21 Aug 2017, 1:43 pm

What makes it a "marine" shotgun? :unknown:
Wes
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 21 Aug 2017, 3:09 pm

Wes wrote:What makes it a "marine" shotgun? :unknown:

The blow hole on top of its head?
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Wombat » 22 Aug 2017, 8:17 am

Synthetic stock and Nickel plating.

Apparently they float too, just chuck it into a dam and see what happens :sarcasm:
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 5:48 pm

Made it to the gun shop.I have never been to this one before and it is very close to where I now live.Great staff and I checked out the Pardus and the action is fine.Like the store dude said :work it like you mean it: A camo Adler was parked next to it so I gave that a work out.It has a longer throw but quite slick.They had a couple of .22LR pump actions apparently they are Cat A.Bit of stuff to share with the crew next time we get together.One of my team is chasing a shotgun and .22LR at the moment he only has a .243 heavy barrel Ruger
:
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 22 Aug 2017, 5:58 pm

Back in the good ol days I owned a Mossberg Mariner pump action shotgun. These were originally designed for the US Coast Guard and featured an all S/S construction on an Aluminium receiver coupled to synthetic stock and fore end. Winchester produced something similar a couple years later but in my opinion it wasn't as slick as the Mossberg.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 6:31 pm

The rabbits are back at the farm.There is a drain on the southern boundary and at night they come out and graze in the paddock.I am going to suggest to the team that we get one of these lever guns to give the rabbits a learning.
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by albat » 22 Aug 2017, 6:41 pm

Checked out the pardus mag fed shiny one, the finish on the thing is crap looks like you would be down to bare metal after a couple of outings even the gun shop bloke who had half a dozen to sell was pointing to the badler
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 6:47 pm

I did check that out.It looks painted.The camo Adler is the same price.Probably go that way
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Wombat » 22 Aug 2017, 7:07 pm

The Adlers do seem to work well for most. I'm happy with mine, faster than you'd think once you get used to them.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 22 Aug 2017, 7:10 pm

I've got a couple of Winchester 22 pumps, great fun......But If I was in WA I'd be looking at a good bolt action first. I understand you have limits on Cat A there? Accurate is better than fun if you have to make the choice.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

I am still confused why you all think we get it bad here.Anyhoo I bought a 5 shot Winchester .22LR bolt action about 2 years ago for my mates grandchildren to plink with and they spend the weekends happy as they are 9 and 11 at the moment.Its me that wishes to have the pump .22 to play with.Its a simple process I fill in a form pay at the post office and 3-4 weeks later I receive a new copy of my licence with the new firearms listed and I go pick them up.Not real hard
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 7:34 pm

With the advent of E-mail our local post is not fast.I have waited 8 Days to get a letter from 3.5 K away.I checked when it was posted.And we have got letters from England in 5 days go figure.This adds about 2 weeks to the process
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 7:37 pm

Would be nice to have a data base that could be done instantly but what the heck.Farms flooded till late October so wont be going too far for a bit
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Wombat » 22 Aug 2017, 7:44 pm

I was under the misapprehension that you had trouble justifying purchasing more than one of the same caliber. A 1890,1906 or 62/A model Winchester is a fun pump action, no easy way to mount optics though.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 7:49 pm

W.A.Firearms categories
Category Description
A1 an air rifle
A2.1 a single shot rim fire rifle
A2.2 a repeating rim fire rifle
A3.1 a single shot shotgun
A3.2 a double barrel shotgun
A3.3 a repeating shotgun (bolt action)
A4.1 a combination firearm made up of a shotgun and a rifle each of which would individually be of category A
A4.2 a rifle combination made up of rifles each of which would individually be of category A
Category B
Category Description
B1 a muzzle loading firearm (except a handgun)
B2.1 a single shot centre fire rifle
B2.2 a double barrel centre fire rifle
B2.3 a repeating centre fire rifle
B2.4 a repeating shotgun (lever action) with a magazine capacity of no more than 5 rounds
B3.1 a combination firearm, not of category C or D, made up of a shotgun and a rifle at least one of which would individually be of category B
B3.2 a rifle combination, not of category C or D, made up of rifles at least one of which would individually be of category B
Genuine need test for Category B: the applicant is required to satisfy the Commissioner that a firearm of category A would be inadequate or unsuitable for the purpose for which the firearm is required.

Category C
Category Description
C1 a self loading rim fire rifle with a magazine capacity no more than 10 rounds
C2 a self loading shotgun with a magazine capacity no more than 5 rounds
C3 a pump action shotgun with a magazine capacity no more than 5 rounds
C4.1 a combination firearm, not of category D, made up of a shotgun and a rifle at least one of which would individually be of category C
C4.2 a rifle combination, not of category D, made up of rifles at least one of which would individually be of category C
Category E
Category Description
E1 a cannon
E3 a line thrower
E4 a tranquilliser
E5 a paintball gun
E6 any firearm that is not of sub-category E1, E2, E3, E4 or E5, or category A, B, C, D, or H
Category H
Category Description
H1 a handgun (including an air pistol)
H2 an underwater explosive device
Genuine need test for Category H:

The applicant is required to satisfy the Commissioner that a firearm of category A, B, or C would be inadequate or unsuitable for the purpose for which the firearm is required.
A person does not have a genuine need to acquire or possess a firearm of category H because it is required for:

(a) hunting,
(b) recreational shooting, other than by a person described in paragraph under the heading “Restrictions for category H”, and for a purpose described in that paragraph; or
(c) destroying stock or vermin.
Last updated: Feb 16, 2017
I have looked at the Victorian list and I am pretty sure it is the same
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 7:54 pm

I asked about the multiple firearm situation and it was explained to me that concerns are that if you have say 4 bolt action .308 rifles you could make a small swat team.My group has 4 licensed firearm owners who all have .243.I am not sure how many rimfires you could have before any one gave a hoot
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Blackened » 23 Aug 2017, 11:31 am

Wombat wrote:

Synthetic stock and Nickel plating.

Nickel being corrosion resistant, Wes :thumbsup:
Blackened

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.