Pardus marine

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Pardus marine

Post by Wombat » 22 Aug 2017, 7:44 pm

I was under the misapprehension that you had trouble justifying purchasing more than one of the same caliber. A 1890,1906 or 62/A model Winchester is a fun pump action, no easy way to mount optics though.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 7:49 pm

W.A.Firearms categories
Category Description
A1 an air rifle
A2.1 a single shot rim fire rifle
A2.2 a repeating rim fire rifle
A3.1 a single shot shotgun
A3.2 a double barrel shotgun
A3.3 a repeating shotgun (bolt action)
A4.1 a combination firearm made up of a shotgun and a rifle each of which would individually be of category A
A4.2 a rifle combination made up of rifles each of which would individually be of category A
Category B
Category Description
B1 a muzzle loading firearm (except a handgun)
B2.1 a single shot centre fire rifle
B2.2 a double barrel centre fire rifle
B2.3 a repeating centre fire rifle
B2.4 a repeating shotgun (lever action) with a magazine capacity of no more than 5 rounds
B3.1 a combination firearm, not of category C or D, made up of a shotgun and a rifle at least one of which would individually be of category B
B3.2 a rifle combination, not of category C or D, made up of rifles at least one of which would individually be of category B
Genuine need test for Category B: the applicant is required to satisfy the Commissioner that a firearm of category A would be inadequate or unsuitable for the purpose for which the firearm is required.

Category C
Category Description
C1 a self loading rim fire rifle with a magazine capacity no more than 10 rounds
C2 a self loading shotgun with a magazine capacity no more than 5 rounds
C3 a pump action shotgun with a magazine capacity no more than 5 rounds
C4.1 a combination firearm, not of category D, made up of a shotgun and a rifle at least one of which would individually be of category C
C4.2 a rifle combination, not of category D, made up of rifles at least one of which would individually be of category C
Category E
Category Description
E1 a cannon
E3 a line thrower
E4 a tranquilliser
E5 a paintball gun
E6 any firearm that is not of sub-category E1, E2, E3, E4 or E5, or category A, B, C, D, or H
Category H
Category Description
H1 a handgun (including an air pistol)
H2 an underwater explosive device
Genuine need test for Category H:

The applicant is required to satisfy the Commissioner that a firearm of category A, B, or C would be inadequate or unsuitable for the purpose for which the firearm is required.
A person does not have a genuine need to acquire or possess a firearm of category H because it is required for:

(a) hunting,
(b) recreational shooting, other than by a person described in paragraph under the heading “Restrictions for category H”, and for a purpose described in that paragraph; or
(c) destroying stock or vermin.
Last updated: Feb 16, 2017
I have looked at the Victorian list and I am pretty sure it is the same
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 22 Aug 2017, 7:54 pm

I asked about the multiple firearm situation and it was explained to me that concerns are that if you have say 4 bolt action .308 rifles you could make a small swat team.My group has 4 licensed firearm owners who all have .243.I am not sure how many rimfires you could have before any one gave a hoot
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Blackened » 23 Aug 2017, 11:31 am

Wombat wrote:
Wes wrote:What makes it a "marine" shotgun? :unknown:

Synthetic stock and Nickel plating.

Nickel being corrosion resistant, Wes :thumbsup:
Blackened

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.