Shottie: ATA or Akkar or?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Shottie: ATA or Akkar or?

Post by Rayza42 » 23 Apr 2018, 8:07 pm

Thanks Supaduke.
I've not been able to find much in the way of reviews on the ATA or heard from anyone that actually has one. My budget is already stretched at $800, and with the Akkars starting at around $900 I figure the 5 year warranty might just tip the scales towards the ATA. Of course, a warranty is only as good as the company behind it so there's no telling whether it is worth the paper its written on or not.
If anyone else has bought an ATA, or at least fired one, I'd really like to hear from you.
:)
Rayza42
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Breadroll » 04 Sep 2018, 11:16 pm

I've just bought an Akkar Churchill 30" Sporter and love it! It feels very comfortable and not too heavy. The furniture feels a bit smaller compared to other guns I have tried, which suits me just fine as I have smaller hands. It is a great first gun at a fantastic price!
Breadroll
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Slant225 » 20 Nov 2018, 6:17 pm

Rayza42 wrote:Ok slant225 (or should I just call you 'old val' for short? :drinks: ), I realise that I'm joining the conversation 7 months later, but did you end up buying an Akkar or an ATA? I've just discovered the joy of smashing clays, and am not interested in killing critters (even though I know there are some as must be killed). I'm looking at a new ATA 686B for $800 as my first clay-smasher and have been trawling the net looking for reviews or opinions but have not found anything other than "buy a mirouku or browning", which is generally out of my price range. Anyone got an opinion?

Hi Rayza,
I'm a sporadic poster, so didn't revisit the thread for quite some time.
In the end, I bought a Miroku MK38 grade 1 sporter. It was a touch under $1400. WAAYYY more than I wanted to spend (like nearly double) BUT I tried a whole bunch of shotguns including Silver pigeons and Brownings as well as the cheaper ones I originally asked about, and the Miroku fit me the best. It came to the shoulder the nicest and felt the most natural for my gorilla arms.
Honestly I feel it was better for me to save up a bit longer and get what worked best for me. I'm a buy once cry once kinda guy. Easier to get past the purchasing officer too.
Hope this helps, and sorry for the belated reply.
Slant225
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.