Apples & Oranges

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Apples & Oranges

Post by Stoney » 02 Jan 2018, 8:11 pm

G'day to the Shotgun Guru's. Beretta Silver Pigeon or Browning Citori. Which one and why?
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Apples & Oranges

Post by AusTac » 02 Jan 2018, 8:17 pm

Beretta sp1 for me, lighter smaller gun, but you need to feel and swing both, the browning is heavier and chunkier, depends on your build really, my beretta is no doubt my highest quality firearm i own, and for that its a dedicated range gun
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Bent Arrow » 02 Jan 2018, 8:32 pm

Are you in the market? If your looking for a classic OU my brother in law has a couple of belgium made brownings for sale, one is a 1965 A grade with 30" and the other is a 1970 B2 grade with 28" barrels.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Stoney » 03 Jan 2018, 5:39 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:Are you in the market? If your looking for a classic OU my brother in law has a couple of belgium made brownings for sale, one is a 1965 A grade with 30" and the other is a 1970 B2 grade with 28" barrels.

Hey Bent Arrow, just doing some research at the moment thanks.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 03 Jan 2018, 9:41 pm

No worries
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Archie » 03 Jan 2018, 10:05 pm

Beretta, because rifles are science and shotguns are art, and rifles are tools and shotguns are craft, and beretta are made by Italians and browning are made by Americans and that tells you why you buy a silver pigeon and a BLR.

Nah but seriously, I own a silver pigeon and the reason I chose it over a citori is same reason Austac said, its lighter and slimmer; In my case, I'm short and it fits my build. The other benefit is that beretta will measure you up at shot shows and then cut the stock for your measurements, free after purchase, and with a shotgun that makes all the difference. But if I was taller I would have just as happily bought a browning, they're both great.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Archie » 03 Jan 2018, 10:11 pm

Beretta, because rifles are science and shotguns are art, and rifles are tools and shotguns are craft, and beretta are made by Italians and browning are made by Americans and that tells you why you buy a silver pigeon and a BLR.

Nah but seriously, I own a silver pigeon and the reason I chose it over a citori is same reason Austac said, its lighter and slimmer; In my case, I'm short and it fits my build. The other benefit is that beretta will measure you up at shot shows and then cut the stock for your measurements, free after purchase, and with a shotgun that makes all the difference. But if I was taller I would have just as happily bought a browning, they're both great.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bushie » 03 Jan 2018, 10:36 pm

Archie I swear that's not a tear in my eye, but that's the most beautiful thing I've ever read :lol: :lol: :drinks:
12G > Anything else
Bushie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 04 Jan 2018, 6:03 pm

Archie wrote:Beretta, because rifles are science and shotguns are art, and rifles are tools and shotguns are craft, and beretta are made by Italians and browning are made by Americans and that tells you why you buy a silver pigeon and a BLR.

Thanks Archie. My mate has a Beretta Silver Pigeon and it is just beautiful. I haven't had the chance to shoulder a Browning unfortunately. The reason I ask is I want to buy a really good shotgun that will last me for a long time. I am 6' 6" so I don't know if that makes any difference?
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 04 Jan 2018, 7:26 pm

I bought a cheaper Browning citori...
Regret it badly...!!!
Completely different from the one i tried on the shelf that fit me like a glove...

This one has heavy non-adjustable trigger, has no recoil pad (unlike the one on the shelf), had to buy a full choke...& i cant hit s**t with it cos it doesnt fit me...AT ALL...!!!

Wish i bought the silver pigeon for fitting purposes...

I mean Citori is great...wanna buy one...?!!?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stoney » 04 Jan 2018, 8:06 pm

Stix wrote:I bought a cheaper Browning citori...
Regret it badly...!!!
Completely different from the one i tried on the shelf that fit me like a glove...

This one has heavy non-adjustable trigger, has no recoil pad (unlike the one on the shelf), had to buy a full choke...& i cant hit s**t with it cos it doesnt fit me...AT ALL...!!!

Wish i bought the silver pigeon for fitting purposes...

I mean Citori is great...wanna buy one...?!!?

Thanks Stix. I get it. Beretta it is. :D :D :D :D
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AusTac » 04 Jan 2018, 8:45 pm

I got mine fit at the head office down here in Vic, nice blokes and they'll take care of you, stock cutting shaping was free, i instead opted to BUY ( ie parts arn't free at fitting ) a slimmer recoil pad rather than cut the stock but i was an easy fit, i'm a pretty average guy apparently ;)
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Stix » 04 Jan 2018, 9:43 pm

Stoney...i still like the look & feel of the Brownings...
Unfortunately i just got dudded...leaves a bitter taste if ya know what i mean.

So my response is emotional...

Just gives me the s**ts that i cant hit stuff all with my shotty & yet i excell with another guys browning...

Ill get a beretta one day for sure after this shotgun buying episode...!!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brett1868 » 04 Jan 2018, 10:28 pm

AusTac wrote:I got mine fit at the head office down here in Vic, nice blokes and they'll take care of you, stock cutting shaping was free, i instead opted to BUY ( ie parts arn't free at fitting ) a slimmer recoil pad rather than cut the stock but i was an easy fit, i'm a pretty average guy apparently ;)

According to your profile on Tinder, you're above average :D
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 05 Jan 2018, 1:08 pm

brett1868 wrote:
AusTac wrote:I got mine fit at the head office down here in Vic, nice blokes and they'll take care of you, stock cutting shaping was free, i instead opted to BUY ( ie parts arn't free at fitting ) a slimmer recoil pad rather than cut the stock but i was an easy fit, i'm a pretty average guy apparently ;)

According to your profile on Tinder, you're above average :D

Ahh well you know, gotta talk it up on tinder mate :lol:
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.