Miroku MK 70 Trap/Sport Black Actions

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Miroku MK 70 Trap/Sport Black Actions

Post by Heimdahll » 16 Feb 2018, 12:34 am

Hi all,

Just was curious if anyone knows much about the Miroku MK 70 Trap/Sport with black actions, ie do they have ejectors or just extractors? From what I can gather, they're a special production run of some kind but I can't seem to find anything else concrete about them.

Any info the braintrust has would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Heimdahll
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Miroku MK 70 Trap/Sport Black Actions

Post by Bushie » 18 Feb 2018, 7:12 am

I would assume that the action would be the same to the regular MK70 but im not 100 percent
12G > Anything else
Bushie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by LilTacker » 24 Feb 2018, 8:17 pm

I got one a year or so ago, I reckon its a nice bit a gear for the price.
The "special sporter" was built as a limited run trap/sporter cross and yes has ejectors and Invector plus chokes.
Just done in black with a bit of gold inlay stuff on it to meet the price point I think.
The stock is higher than a normal sporter.
There was a review in the SSAA mag a couple of years ago and they gave it a good rap, but I guess I have never read a bad one either.
LilTacker
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Rayza42 » 03 May 2018, 8:09 pm

So Heimdahll did you end up getting one? If so what do you think of it? LilTacker how does yours suit busting clays?
I'm new to the sport and looking for my first U/O. Everybody tells me to buy a trap gun, but of course sporters are generally cheaper. The MK 70 as mentioned above is a bit over my 1K limit at my LGS - $1,345. I'm currently looking at an ATA686B (Beretta knock-off) for $799 with 5 year warranty, but the Miroku may be worth the extra $$$ (and weeks to save it).
Your thoughts?
Rayza42
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by southwest shooter » 04 May 2018, 10:39 am

Save up and buy a miroku it will last a lifetime .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Rayza42 » 06 May 2018, 12:41 pm

Thanks Southwest shooter
Rayza42
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by av1 » 06 May 2018, 10:56 pm

I bought a new Miroku mk70 around two years ago. You will not go wrong with this firearm, very reliable, user friendly, great balance. It is a sporter but works very well on clays. As stated the only real difference is the black version has a slightly different stock but for me the standard mk70 does the job and in my view an unbeatable price. The only change I made was to purchase two Briley extended chokes full and half.
av1
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by MasterB1aster » 06 May 2018, 11:40 pm

I assume the MK38 is a lower spec model as it is cheaper, but why does the 38 have an adjustable stock? I would think the higher spec model would have more features?

Been shooting for awhile, but first time shooting clays was yesterday, had a blast :wtf:

Now to find a clay buster to add to the collection...

Cheers.
Cheers,
MasterB1aster...
MasterB1aster
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by southwest shooter » 08 May 2018, 12:51 pm

Rayza42 wrote:Thanks Southwest shooter

No worries champ , personally I use a mk 70 sporter to drop rabbits , ducks and foxes and sometimes the odd clay down frankston with a mate . Nothing fancy but does the job shot after shot .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.