First Time Gun Purchase - Adler or Pardus

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: First Time Gun Purchase - Adler or Pardus

Post by ThumbNT » 03 Sep 2018, 11:12 am

so broke the gun in with another 75 rounds this saturday.

2 failure to fires, 1 jam, otherwise all operational. looks like some teething issues. It really likes the 00 buck and #4 field loads.
ThumbNT
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 03 Sep 2018, 2:45 pm

Can you smooth up the action with a bit of a file and polish on the working parts and make it reliable
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bibendum » 30 Nov 2020, 4:15 pm

Wombat wrote:I believe these guys are not just bad at proofreading, but at interpreting what "Australian Made" means.
Note that while they state the "Australian Made" Logo is on their guns the pictures just have "Australia" actually engraved on the receiver. The only appearance of the logo is a cutout paper version plopped on some stuff in photo's.
To me this points to Trump levels of honesty and integrity.
There may well be some Australian input, but I doubt it qualifies as "Australian Made". Having a manufacturers license means SFA if you are not actually manufacturing.

Reviving an old thread. The Wind Dynamics 12G Straight Pull Shotgun is made here in Perth WA.
They are finally getting to production.

Shooters Shed will apparently have a sample in store soon.
-------------
Western Australia
-
177Air - 22Air - 22WMR - 17HMR - 22LR
22H -223R - 243W - 6.5CM - 270W - 308W - 310Cadet - 303Brit - 38/357 - 30-30W - 45-70G
12G - 410G
45BP - 58BP
32SW - 9mm -38sp - 357M - 44M - 45Sch
bibendum
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Ziege » 30 Nov 2020, 6:18 pm

adler
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 30 Nov 2020, 6:43 pm

bibendum wrote:Reviving an old thread. The Wind Dynamics 12G Straight Pull Shotgun is made here in Perth WA.

Can't recommend them to deal with though, very painful trying to get any information out of them, almost as if they really hate having to sell stuff.
Can you supply their 12ga. muzzle brakes?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 30 Nov 2020, 7:16 pm

bladeracer wrote:
bibendum wrote:Reviving an old thread. The Wind Dynamics 12G Straight Pull Shotgun is made here in Perth WA.

Can't recommend them to deal with though, very painful trying to get any information out of them, almost as if they really hate having to sell stuff.
Can you supply their 12ga. muzzle brakes?

sounds like a certain gunsmith with a firearm shop attached located at 32*02'55"S and 115*58'50"E, Its like they want to sell guns to you, even ammo, but when you call them or check their prices clearly they have 0 interest at all in selling you anything at all.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Diamond Jim » 06 Dec 2020, 12:17 am

I know this thread is focussing on two repeating guns but don't dismiss an under and over or side by side for similar money. I've shot an Adler lever gun but not a Pardus. I wouldn't trade my 63 year old U/O for either. There is no comparison when it comes to build quality. Having something new is nice but for the same money you can buy a quality second-hand gun you will be able to leave to your grandchildren. It may take a little longer to find the one that's right for you but when you shoulder a well made shotgun you will appreciate the difference. Reloading a double is quick, especially with an ejector gun. Reloading a five round tube mag takes forever. In terms of shots downrange the double is competitive if you're prepared to practice.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.