What's everyone's favourite cartridge and why?

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Re: What's everyone's favourite cartridge and why?

Post by in2anity » 18 Aug 2018, 6:33 pm

pete1 wrote:Im gunna have to add .357 for favorite pistol cartridge.

Who says pistol cartridges can't be your favorite overall cartridge? For perhaps not so obvious reasons, it certainly is the case for me... and i have lots of fancy new rifles! I can reload my 32 with dippers around a campfire and still get varminting accuracy....
The economist's job is to explain what has happened in the past.
in2anity
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Flyer » 19 Aug 2018, 12:45 pm

Stix wrote:Well Flyer...if you put it like that, id happily lube up & pass my expander ball through the neck of the 308 case...!!

That's all well and good if you can touch the sides mate, but she might seriously need some extra neck tension after all those other expander balls have been through her!

She is, after all, the 2nd most popular calibre out there . . . :lol:

Stix wrote:(Truth be told id probably even give the 30-06 action a cycling & pass a patch down the bore too--but doubt id tell anyone how crisp the trigger was) :silent:
(Is it obvious im single...?)

Truth be told, I'm with you - and I'm not even single! But there's no doubt everyone likes to brag about using a 30-06, so I probably wouldn't be keeping it a secret. :thumbsup:
Flyer
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by bigrich » 19 Aug 2018, 1:48 pm

Flyer wrote:Image

Yes, but which one gives the best head?

30-06 - has to take her teeth out first, but the old girl knew how to handle a cockatoo in her day (she was in Caligula, after all)

.300 Winmag - would bite your dick off in a fit of roid rage

.308 - would probably stop half-way to take a seflie

6.5 Creedmoor - it takes another man to knows what a man likes! Hey, at least he tries :lol:

ya got any more cartridge interpretations flyer ? :lol: what does a 45-70 look like ? melissa macarthy :lol:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Aug 2018, 2:09 pm

bigrich wrote:
Flyer wrote:Image

Yes, but which one gives the best head?

30-06 - has to take her teeth out first, but the old girl knew how to handle a cockatoo in her day (she was in Caligula, after all)

.300 Winmag - would bite your dick off in a fit of roid rage

.308 - would probably stop half-way to take a seflie

6.5 Creedmoor - it takes another man to knows what a man likes! Hey, at least he tries :lol:

ya got any more cartridge interpretations flyer ? :lol: what does a 45-70 look like ? melissa macarthy :lol:

I reckon Melissa McCarthy would be a 12g bean bag round. :D
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 19 Aug 2018, 2:24 pm

:lol: good on ya gaza :lol: :lol: :lol: what would michelle pfeiffer be ? a 222 magnum ? old school classic ? :D :thumbsup:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 19 Aug 2018, 2:27 pm

i know one thing, i don't think i can talk to anyone who shoots a creedmore with a straight face ever again :lol: i reckon that 308 needs a lot of resizing but :thumbsup:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Aug 2018, 2:35 pm

bigrich wrote::lol: good on ya gaza :lol: :lol: :lol: what would michelle pfeiffer be ? a 222 magnum ? old school classic ? :D :thumbsup:

No mate, Michelle has always been an old style policeman's baton. Solid wood.
Well that's the effect she's always had.
Attachments
michelle-pfeiffer-in-see-through-camisole-photo-u1.jpg
michelle-pfeiffer-in-see-through-camisole-photo-u1.jpg (35.16 KiB) Viewed 888 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 19 Aug 2018, 2:46 pm

:D ya showing ya age gaza. knowing which movie that photo is from, i would have one thing to say to her. " zay 'ello to my liddle friend ......" :lol:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Aug 2018, 2:49 pm

bigrich wrote::D ya showing ya age gaza. knowing which movie that photo is from, i would have one thing to say to her. " zay 'ello to my liddle friend ......" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :clap:
"Say 'ello to my leetle fren, oh look, he's all grown up"
:lol:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 19 Aug 2018, 2:55 pm

shocking gaza shocking :lol:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Stix » 19 Aug 2018, 3:03 pm

Flyer wrote:
Stix wrote:Well Flyer...if you put it like that, id happily lube up & pass my expander ball through the neck of the 308 case...!!

That's all well and good if you can touch the sides mate, but she might seriously need some extra neck tension after all those other expander balls have been through her!

She is, after all, the 2nd most popular calibre out there . . . :lol: :

Ill touch the sides mate so you've no need to worry :allegedly: ..& yes apparently i am bragging...but i appreciate your concern :thumbsup:
And i only ever size once fired brass thats been polished up in the wet tumbler & de-crudded mate :thumbsup: :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Brigadier
Brigadier

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Aug 2018, 3:09 pm

:
Attachments
20180819_150802.jpg
20180819_150802.jpg (43.96 KiB) Viewed 874 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 19 Aug 2018, 3:16 pm

...22-250 with an example of the shockwave from the barrel whip... :shock:

unnamed (4).gif
22-250 & resultant shockwave from barrel whip.
unnamed (4).gif (1.85 MiB) Viewed 873 times
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Brigadier
Brigadier

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 19 Aug 2018, 5:54 pm

:D so what does a 557-450 look like ? queen victoria ? :o :lol: if i knew how to put up a photo i would ;) so what does 243 look like stix ? or 222 for that matter. 222 is not as wide at the bottom as 22-250 ....... :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Stix » 19 Aug 2018, 6:12 pm

bigrich wrote::D so what does a 557-450 look like ? queen victoria ? :o :lol: if i knew how to put up a photo i would ;) so what does 243 look like stix ? or 222 for that matter. 222 is not as wide at the bottom as 22-250 ....... :lol: :thumbsup:

No mate...222 is smaller bolt face so best you stick to them little fella... :lol:
22-250 is same bolt face as 308 mate, so best you leave that size action to me... :thumbsup:

I cant put up 375 or bigger or i might be arrested. :?
Stix
Brigadier
Brigadier

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 19 Aug 2018, 6:19 pm

Stix wrote:
bigrich wrote::D so what does a 557-450 look like ? queen victoria ? :o :lol: if i knew how to put up a photo i would ;) so what does 243 look like stix ? or 222 for that matter. 222 is not as wide at the bottom as 22-250 ....... :lol: :thumbsup:

No mate...222 is smaller bolt face so best you stick to them little fella... :lol:
22-250 is same bolt face as 308 mate, so best you leave that size action to me... :thumbsup:

I cant put up 375 or bigger or i might be arrested. :?

so what's a 500 nitro look like ? rebel wilson ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i nominate jennifer lawrence for 222 . got a nicely proportioned case :P :thumbsup:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Flyer » 19 Aug 2018, 6:29 pm

Stix wrote:Ill touch the sides mate so you've no need to worry :allegedly: ..& yes apparently i am bragging...but i appreciate your concern :thumbsup:
And i only ever size once fired brass thats been polished up in the wet tumbler & de-crudded mate :thumbsup: :lol:

Poor old me - I have to resort to the vibrating ultrasonic cleaner :cry:
Flyer
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Flyer » 19 Aug 2018, 7:08 pm

OK, I admit it - I'm gay (I'm not really - honest!). But I took my 6.5mm manbun out today to do some load testing at 100m, and this is what I came back with. 4 shots into less than half an inch. So I may be a gay little manbun, but at least I'm a happy one :lol:

creed.jpg
creed.jpg (154 KiB) Viewed 839 times
Flyer
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

PreviousNext

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics