Looks like a new Chrono is next...

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Re: Looks like a new Chrono is next...

Post by No1_49er » 19 Jan 2019, 12:48 pm

trekin wrote:What screen spacing does your CED have? Mine has a spacing of 2 foot (600 mm), which is nearly twice the distance of most comercial/comsumer units, with the option to go to 4 foot.

My CED M2 uses the standard (supplied) rail which is 2ft - same as yours. An easy setup, for what it is.
When I need to have surety that the velocity is accurate, I use the Oehler which is set up as a 2x 4ft spacing i.e. initial velocity (4ft) and "proof" velocity (4ft). The "Stop" sensor of the first is the "Start" for the second, therefore only three screens and three cables.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Dunxy » 21 Jan 2019, 11:42 am

Labradar hands down! Far more versitile than any other options, not just meassuring the velocity at muzzle but as it goes down range.
No poi or group changes that you get with magneto speed.I saw a guy doing load development on a sako at the range, beutiful tight group and bang on, removed magneto speed poi shifted and group opened up, this IMHO is almost entirely defeating the purpose of load development. I threw my labradar on his bench and it read identical to magnetospeed so nobody wins there.

On trigger options you have 2.
Audio trigger which detects shot and starts scanning.

Theres also the doppler trigger, which runs all the time and does not rely on a audible trigger.

People bagging these units on YT do not know how to use them properly,sure they can be a tad fiddly when starting out learning exact position required to trigger scanning amd having it on correct velicity range,you can't try meassuring supersomic stuff in pistol mode or subbies in rifle mode.Smaller rounds are fussy, example doing .233 i indeed have to have muzzle positioned precisely if using the audio trigger. In my experience 22lr and air rifles require the doppler trigger, unless you use the ext mic, which i do not posses.

Once triggered they have no dramas tracking the smallest .177 slug, assuming you have unit properly aligned.

Only very difficult (not impossible) situation is black powder due to smoke.

Im no shill, i paid full price and couldn't be happier with the unit.
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Rod_outbak » 21 Jan 2019, 1:27 pm

Dunxy,

Many thanks; that fits with my ideas on what I'd get out of it.
No disrespect intended if the Magnetospeed can do it for you, but for me, I can use the extra features of the LabRadar.
And the simplicity of use when swapping between multiple firearms, is hard to beat.

Cheers,

Rod.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Dunxy » 21 Jan 2019, 1:47 pm

No problem, if you get stuck setting it up just shoot me a pm.
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 22 Jan 2019, 6:06 pm

What was I doing wrong with Labradar? I was shooting a 6mm with 105 grain projectiles, it read every shot but when I swapped to a big bore it would not read anything. I moved the projectile weight up to 400 grains and the sight was aligned. I pulled the target back to 50 metres but no good. Should I have swapped the trigger to Doppler?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics