.308 currently about $3 a round.

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Re: .308 currently about $3 a round.

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Oct 2020, 8:32 pm

deanp100 wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Doubled tapped head shots. Pros are awesome.

AnimalPest, If there is a God, I hope you and your boys are under his wing should you happen to have to defend yourself and face court. That habit will be very hard to make a judge/jury understand. Shooters might, ordinary folks, well, they're just prey for the strong.

What are you talking about? They are shooting animals for a job, not going to war.

s**t happens bud.
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Oct 2020, 8:36 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:These threads sure do take off on a tangent nowadays.
It's kinda like being in a busy room having 3 conversations at once :lol: "308 currently about $3 a round" has turned into talking double tapping, pro shooting, business running costs 101, self defense ... I can't keep up :wtf: :lol:

It's been so long since I bought factory rounds, last time I did I reckon I was paying around $1each for .243 and I thought that was too expensive.
Then I saw a second hand lee loader behind the counter, I snapped it up for $30 and the salesman adjusted the scoop to bring it to a volume sutible for the powder I purchased.
I also bought bulk primers and projectiles and grabbed a ADI reloading guide that day.
That night I bought a second hand Nick Harvey reloading manual from a mate and never looked back at factory stuff.

Since then I've added many home made and store bought bits n pieces to turn my reloading into a fine art that produces sub .5 moa results whilst still using my cheap lee loaders
I now use
Loading block
Scales
Trickler
Full set of lee dippers
Funnel
Neck turner
Neck trimmer
Neck chamfurer
Wet tumbler
Sort and batch cases by weight (I know volume is better)
Chronograph

Yeah, I'd say I'm guilty of taking threads off topic haha :silent:

Depending on where next year takes me employment-wise, if I can afford reloading gear, I'll definitely be investing. I'll screenshot this as a list of items needed, thank you.
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 22 Oct 2020, 8:39 pm

Security guards though are not shooting in self-defense, they are dissuading people from stealing the property they are protecting.

BangWhizzClack wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:

AnimalPest, If there is a God, I hope you and your boys are under his wing should you happen to have to defend yourself and face court. That habit will be very hard to make a judge/jury understand. Shooters might, ordinary folks, well, they're just prey for the strong.

What?
If you're referring to double-taps I'm unaware of any legal problem with doing so in legitimate self-defense. Doubles are a very useful technique to stop an attacker quickly. Taking one shot, then waiting to determine if another shot is required will get you killed. Self-defense requires an immediate and genuine threat. If you have time to mess about it's unlikely to be considered an imminent threat. If you have to shoot, keep shooting until until the threat is no longer a threat.

I 100% agree with you, as will most shooters I assume, however, when I was doing my security courses here in VIC, the guys who did their armed guard qualifications said they are trained to extend, fire once, retract, observe, if the threat is still there, extend, fire once, retract. Etc. They said it's very difficult to justify your way out of what you were trained to do.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Oct 2020, 8:42 pm

bladeracer wrote:Security guards though are not shooting in self-defense, they are dissuading people from stealing the property they are protecting.

If they shoot it has to be in defense of yourself or another, can't be shooting people over property.
Member-Deleted

Post by deanp100 » 22 Oct 2020, 9:05 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
deanp100 wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:

What are you talking about? They are shooting animals for a job, not going to war.

s**t happens bud.

Are you on drugs..?
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Oct 2020, 9:07 pm

deanp100 wrote:Are you on drugs..?

If only, probably would have made this lockdown a lot more pleasant.
Member-Deleted

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Oct 2020, 9:55 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:

images (1).jpeg
Trippy elephant man
images (1).jpeg (18.83 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Oct 2020, 10:01 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:

images (1).jpeg

What? Haha an optical illusion?
Member-Deleted

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Oct 2020, 10:14 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:

The attachment images (1).jpeg is no longer available

What? Haha an optical illusion?

Yeah ... it's a little less heavy duty than drugs but I thought it would help with lockdown for a minute or two.

But if you need a few weeks of entertainment to get you through the lockdown this picture might help.
images (2).jpeg
One for fun, two for an epic journey
images (2).jpeg (45.45 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Oct 2020, 10:25 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Yeah ... it's a little less heavy duty than drugs but I thought it would help with lockdown for a minute or two.

But if you need a few weeks of entertainment to get you through the lockdown this picture might help.
images (2).jpeg

:lol: thanks mate! I have video games I'm yet to play, I just can't bring myself to sit down and do the same thing for an extended period of time.
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics