CCI Green Tag in NSW

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

CCI Green Tag in NSW

Post by Woden » 22 Nov 2020, 5:48 pm

As the title suggests I’m having no luck finding CCI Green Tag. Any ideas?
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: CCI Green Tag in NSW

Post by bladeracer » 22 Nov 2020, 6:42 pm

Woden wrote:As the title suggests I’m having no luck finding CCI Green Tag. Any ideas?

I had some sent down from Rebel Gun Works earlier this year, might be worth a try. The ammo is so expensive that the $60 DG shipping won't have much effect on it.

Out of stock currently but that can mean they're expecting stock tomorrow so it's always worth asking.
https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/collections/rimfire-ammo/products/cci-green-tag-ammunition-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-round-nose-100pk
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 22 Nov 2020, 9:02 pm

Stocks of a few types of CCI ammo are getting hard to find and are being back ordered with no eta, its probably going to get much worse too, especially for USA made ammo.

Not only is Covid causing delays for freight but the manufacturers can't even keep up with domestic supply in the US. I saw a report recently that Speer group (owners of CCI and a few others) are over a year behind on their orders and its getting worse as new orders are coming in faster than they can make ammo.

The expensive target grade ammo will probably always be available but you may have to give some other brands a try.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Woden » 23 Nov 2020, 8:27 am

Thanks for the quick replies - much appreciated.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Woden » 24 Nov 2020, 9:07 am

bladeracer wrote:
Woden wrote:As the title suggests I’m having no luck finding CCI Green Tag. Any ideas?

I had some sent down from Rebel Gun Works earlier this year, might be worth a try. The ammo is so expensive that the $60 DG shipping won't have much effect on it.

Out of stock currently but that can mean they're expecting stock tomorrow so it's always worth asking.
https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/collections/rimfire-ammo/products/cci-green-tag-ammunition-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-round-nose-100pk

I see what you mean. 50c a shot for 22LR and that's without the postage to get it to me. I'll stick with CCI SV as it still gives me 'functional' accuracy without the tack driving demanded by some of the more competitive guys at my club. In other words, I can still hit a rabbit at 50 or 100m. That's good enough for me.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by rc42 » 24 Nov 2020, 3:18 pm

Try some different brands, even if every other rifle in your club groups really well with Green Tag it doesn't mean yours will, although it should be better than CCI SV.

Hopefully you can find a budget round that your rifle likes but you'll only know from testing yourself.

Mine really likes Eley Standard Bulk and sorting by rim thickness and weight gets rid of the fliers so no more premium ammo for me. My rifle also hates CCI SV, one of the worst grouping I have ever used so I don't rate it highly but some do get good results with it.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics