9.3x62 for ozzie hunting

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Re: 9.3x62 for ozzie hunting

Post by bigrich » 17 Aug 2022, 9:23 pm

Billo wrote:Image

thanks billo :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 17 Aug 2022, 9:28 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Well done BR !

Looks and sounds like the trip was more than worth it.

Are you keeping any trophies?

yeah mate . i got the big ivories outa that boar . i'll post a pick shortly . i'm getting the skull from that buff shipped down . not going a full mount , too bloody expensive. when i get back up there next year i'll be going after a scrubber , and one of the guides wife nailed a donkey with her 338wm . nice hide. make a good mat :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 19 Aug 2022, 1:36 pm

Great to hear it all went well. And must have been great if u are so keen to do again
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 19 Aug 2022, 5:50 pm

Blr243 wrote:Great to hear it all went well. And must have been great if u are so keen to do again

yeah , it was a great experience. seeing the bush/animals in that part of australia and meeting some great people . i think i'll do one of these guided hunts once a year to the NT . but i should head south for sambar ;) after all, you only live once , and i want to do this stuff while i'm still young enough and fit enough to make the most of it . the 9.3x62 performed well , but a 375 H&H might be on the cards :D :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 19 Aug 2022, 6:02 pm

DJ. let me shoot his 375 h and h off the bench. I was expecting it to boot the hell out of me but it was no more of a kick than a 3006. It must have been mild hand loads. So just goes to show it can be loaded down for all the smaller stuff no probs. I can’t see u not buying one
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 19 Aug 2022, 6:10 pm

This reminds me of how sometimes the big animals just fall like my one and only scrubber fell to a tiny broad head. No guide for protection , hunting solo can’t believe I shot a scrub bull at 5 metres with a bow and never got knocked down and trampled to death ... I could have been busted up real bad and unable to walk many kilometres for help .... I shake my head in disbelief at the many things I did when I was younger.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 19 Aug 2022, 6:11 pm

DJ. let me shoot his 375 h and h off the bench. I was expecting it to boot the hell out of me but it was no more of a kick than a 3006. It must have been mild hand loads. So just goes to show it can be loaded down for all the smaller stuff no probs. I can’t see u not buying one
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 19 Aug 2022, 6:18 pm

Blr243 wrote:DJ. let me shoot his 375 h and h off the bench. I was expecting it to boot the hell out of me but it was no more of a kick than a 3006. It must have been mild hand loads. So just goes to show it can be loaded down for all the smaller stuff no probs. I can’t see u not buying one

my local GS isn't paying you a commission are they :D i've looked into different makes and models , but i'll wait till i can get a new model 70 safari . reportedly , their very well made and very accurate . the owner of my local GS offered me a loan of his ruger africa in 375 ruger to try . the cases for that aren't common but .
i like to have off the shelf availability as a back up plan for my hunting rifles :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 19 Aug 2022, 7:46 pm

You have plenty of time before the next trip so makes sense to use that time wisely and find the perfect tool for the job. Nothing like having a stack of confidence in your equipment.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Previous

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics