Gameking vs Blitztking

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Gameking vs Blitztking

Post by Shootermick » 24 Jan 2024, 7:06 pm

I’ve shot a few 55g ADI Gamekings through my 223, and they shoot well. Nothing much new about this, they’ve got a good reputation for off the shelf ammo.
Never shot the Blitzkings, but assuming they shoot just as well…..which would be a better choice for targeting mainly foxes and Roos?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Gameking vs Blitztking

Post by Over The Hill » 24 Jan 2024, 7:47 pm

The vermin wont care as either will do the job well but in my experience the Blitzking produces better groups on paper from 50 - 200. They are extremely popular in WA and the shops know it hence the price gouging. Last I looked GK were still available for around $1 ea whereas the BK were going for $1.50
Over The Hill
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Larry » 24 Jan 2024, 9:09 pm

I would have to check my notes but from memory the difference is re range. I think the Blitzkings are slightly harder and are recommended for 300 yards plus where as the gamekings are more suited for less than 300 yrds.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Shootermick » 25 Jan 2024, 5:57 am

Larry wrote:I would have to check my notes but from memory the difference is re range. I think the Blitzkings are slightly harder and are recommended for 300 yards plus where as the gamekings are more suited for less than 300 yrds.

I’m shooting well under 300, so I’ll probably just stick with gamekings if that’s correct.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Bello » 25 Jan 2024, 7:00 am

Hello Shootermick

I have used both ADI factory loaded bullets (The Blitzking and the Gameking) and I have also loaded both projectiles in my 223 rifles.
They are both very accurate out to 200 meters, my hunting limit for the 223.
I have found the blitzking to be devastating on foxes, grasshoppers and I have taken many many deer with them (Minimal meat damage).
I tend to used the game king if I happen to come across a small pig. But in saying that, I have taken small pigs with the Blitzking as well.

Most of the 223 ammo I use, I have loaded for my rifles.

Just my experiences :thumbsup:
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 25 Jan 2024, 7:21 am

I just checked what I had posted as I thought I may have it wrong as I was thinking about the Pro Hunter rather than the Blitzking. However it is exactly along those lines. But The Blitzking is a varmint bullet , very explosive while the GameKing has a thicker jacket and a stronger base for shooting bigger game.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Shootermick » 25 Jan 2024, 9:30 am

Thanks fellas. I’ll definitely buy a few blitzkings and test them out.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 25 Jan 2024, 9:22 pm

I use 39 grain Blitzkings in my 204 and they have unreal accuracy for a hunting bullet even out at 300 metres. Is dynamite on foxes too.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 31 Jan 2024, 8:16 am

yep the 204 with a decent bullet is stunning out to medium distance. just shoot through any wind change.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics