6.5x55 Swedish factory ammo availability

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Re: 6.5x55

Post by Chronos » 12 May 2015, 6:08 am

1290 wrote:What you're really saying is;"So basically I'll never admit I was wrong....."

Sure Steve. 6.5x55 is a low pressure cartridge and the 50BMG is an extra low pressure cartridge have I got it right?? :roll: :crazy:

By comparison a low pressure cartridge now.... what about in comparison to a cadet? a stupendously high pressure cartridge? You statements are kind of irrelevant and pointless don't you think? Sorry, I forgot to qualify that with 'respectfully'..... :thumbsup: :friends:

Error no, what I said was I concede the .50BMG is lower than the 6.5x55, which as you said is correct so I was wrong, you were right if that makes you feel better. And yes mate, it's higher than .310 cadet, most pistol cartridges and air rifles too.

Boy it must be quiet here this week.

However my original point stands the swede is rated at lower pressures than a lot of other common cartridges we use for hunting and target shooting. Its a 120yo cartridge designed for the rifles of the day but a reloaded may well find in a modern firearm with quality brass it's capable of running higher pressures than it is rated for, play safe.

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics