6.5 Creedmore

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

6.5 Creedmore

Post by headspace » 08 Jan 2016, 4:21 pm

I'm thinking of setting up a target rifle for a change. I have enough hunting rifles, and I'm looking for something to get into some long range target stuff with. The 6.5 Creedmore has interested me for a while, and as there are not too many choices in a factory rifle, I'm thinking of a Howa barrel and action with a Bell and Carson stock. I know from past experience that Howas can shoot well, and the Creedmore has me fascinated. Handloading of course and probably with 12-140gn bullets.
JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: 6.5 Creedmore

Post by deye243 » 08 Jan 2016, 9:39 pm

You will have to change your sig :lol: :lol: :lol:
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 08 Jan 2016, 9:51 pm

deye243 wrote:You will have to change your sig :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Sam45 » 08 Jan 2016, 10:14 pm

What about the new Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... creedmoor/
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 09 Jan 2016, 12:43 am

Didn't Nioa say they wouldn't ne imported?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Sam45 » 09 Jan 2016, 7:33 am

sandgroperbill wrote:Didn't Nioa say they wouldn't ne imported?

They will be here in June mate :) There is a LGS in Brisbane that are taking pre orders as we speak.Not that I recommend them or any other LGS for that matter :thumbsup:

When the rules changed on the folding stock scenario they are all good to go. $1995 in .243 .308 and your fav, 6.5 :drinks:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by David Brown » 09 Jan 2016, 10:17 am

I am seriously thinking of ordering, however I suspect the store on the Nth or BNE is a grey importer, so I am less likely to go that route. Warranty support with NIOA is a billion times better.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by southeast varmiter » 09 Jan 2016, 10:23 am

Checked with vic LRD - they are still illegal in here unless they change state regs.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 09 Jan 2016, 10:28 am

I didnt know the Howies came in Creedmoor.....I see they do, and the heavy barrel version too, this barreled action is listed by the firearm dealer of whom we dont mention... :silent: so is definitely available....
HWB22513+ 6.5 Creedmoor 5+1 in chamber 24" #6 31.25" 6.65 lbs. Short .825" 1-8" twist $611.00 (US)

Although the Howa might be the cheapest way (and you sound like you've decided.....) Other option could be to buy an off the shelf target type rifle, as far as I know only Savage does one, Model 12 Long Range Precision;
Retails a bit over 2k here, but its a monster of a barrel, makes to howa look pencil thin in comparison, and comes in at a hefty 11lb... barrel is 26inch, its built on the large ring action (you can see the barrel nut is thin).
Savage also do lighter/hunting rifles in the creedmoor, bit cheaper than the target model.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 09 Jan 2016, 10:47 am

southeast varmiter wrote:Checked with vic LRD - they are still illegal in here unless they change state regs.

What state regs? Appearance or folding stock?? Has it been recat to D?
I would take the advice as an opinion.... there is no control in vic in relation to folding stocks.... the only control is the overall length of the rifle - 750mm. Less is a cat E.

If you install a folding stock that folds to less than 750mm (and the rifle can operate stock folded ) :thumbsdown:
If the folded length is greater than 750mm :thumbsup:

In the case of this Ruger, the folded length is stated as 34.6in = 878mm :thumbsup:
Tell that to the polees...if it get across the border, they shouldnt have a problem.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 09 Jan 2016, 11:31 am

Having a look through a few websites, the only one I've seen so far to list them is they that we do not speak of, so looks like a grey import. So, grey import through those we do not speak of = no thanks.

Having said that, even if they were coming in through Nioa, I don't like my chances of approval in WA and it's an expensive exercise to find out. But it looks like a seriously sexy bit of kit, so almost tempting to try anyway (assuming Nioa bring them in)
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by headspace » 09 Jan 2016, 12:26 pm

Sam45 wrote:What about the new Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... creedmoor/

I'm not into rifles like that, just prefer rifles that look like rifles, just my thing. :thumbsup:
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by headspace » 09 Jan 2016, 12:27 pm

deye243 wrote:You will have to change your sig :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm open to suggestions :unknown:
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by headspace » 09 Jan 2016, 12:34 pm

I had thought of the Savage, but I'm not so crazy about comps, I just wanted a rifle that I can have a bit of fun with and do some longer range stuff. I can always rebarrel if I'm not happy. The Howa action is as good at the Remington, or better some say. I'll probly spend a fair bit on the scope because I want about a 6-24.
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Sam45 » 09 Jan 2016, 1:29 pm

David Brown wrote:I am seriously thinking of ordering, however I suspect the store on the Nth or BNE is a grey importer, so I am less likely to go that route. Warranty support with NIOA is a billion times better.

May I ask as to why you think they are a grey importer? Do they not source their stock through NOIA? I thought they did. If that's the case I certainly will not be buying it from there. :thumbsup:

We are talking the same LGS over by the water yes?
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by David Brown » 10 Jan 2016, 10:11 pm

Sam45 wrote:
David Brown wrote:I am seriously thinking of ordering, however I suspect the store on the Nth or BNE is a grey importer, so I am less likely to go that route. Warranty support with NIOA is a billion times better.

May I ask as to why you think they are a grey importer? Do they not source their stock through NOIA? I thought they did. If that's the case I certainly will not be buying it from there. :thumbsup:

We are talking the same LGS over by the water yes?

Lets be clear, I am not anti- that LGS, they are not my LGS or LGS of choice either, but I have no axe to grind. They are a very good friend of a mate…..so really I tread a thin line unsaying something that could be perceived as negative, but I have found things when trying to buy things that suggest much of the Smith & Wesson, if not all is not sourced from the Australian distributor. They had no stock for ages yet Grycol had dozens in stock in NSW :huh: When challenged they were evasissive. Same for some accessory items. Not all is as it seems at some large LGS's.

Rob Nioa is a friend of mine…..I have been pushing the Precison with him and until recently it was a no go. But as of Christmas Eve he said, xxxx in hand , no it was not available from them….we pointed out the change in rules so he needs to re-evaluate the position. The waterside LGS is obviously keen to get the jump.

I will be pushing the case a bit stronger this week because I want one with full factory warranty support. ;)
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 Jan 2016, 7:57 am

You're not against that store, you know, those of whom we can't name... :lol: You just prefer to support your mate Robby...(does that mean you can buy straight from him?? ) Nothing wrong with that :friends:

As far as grey/black/blue...multicoloured...I'm not concerned, if you're unclear ask the question; in addition to the statutory warranty, what warranty and who covers it??If it is a return to base warranty, maybe they agree to your local smith covering it

I'm of the understanding they import a lot of their stock, good on them if it means they can sell cheaper to you and me! :unknown: Lets be honest, a stainless mauser actioned rifle for $455 new!, for chambering from 22-250 to 308, 30-06 :wtf: :wtf: and what about a Howa 223 with 10rd DBM for $555! What annoys me is when I try to 'keep it local' and those locals quote hundred more than their prices!!

For a bolt action rifle, especially a m98 mauser type there is little that can go wrong... and as long as you know your way around it, you'll be alright.

carry on :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by heron » 13 Jan 2016, 11:07 am

Sam45 wrote:What about the new Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5

Mate you know better than that.

That's way to scary looking for Australia :problem:
heron
Recruit