Norma Brass

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Re: Norma Brass

Post by marksman » 01 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

yes the loads were the same, I suppose it is a load that works, really thinking about it I don't think 8-9 reloads is to bad its just that I spend so much time doing prep on the brass to try and get them as identical as can be done that I don't like having to throw them for a loose primer pocket before they are really worn out,
I have in the past used norma hornet brass to make 17 ackley cases and had the same problem
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 01 Sep 2017, 8:48 pm

For sure load with the same charge and look at primers/ base of case first off for excessive pressure and then tune load as necessary if pressures seem high or if accuracy falls off.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 01 Sep 2017, 9:00 pm

For sure load with the same charge and look at primers/ base of case first off for excessive pressure and then tune load as necessary if pressures seem high or if accuracy falls off.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 02 Sep 2017, 6:04 am

N0 marksman you're probably right because i had a batch of rem cases in 22-250 that i used to load @ 31.6gr bench mark 2 with 55gr projectile
and i started getting loose primer sockets at about 8-9 loadings now 31.6 is an accuracy load for me well below adi max
So i'm not sure what caused it because all the rest from another bag went on to about 15-20 loadings without socket expansion ,i had a mate anneal them at about
10-11 loadings but he's not here any more as he has moved

I'm a bit like you i'm very fussy with ammo because i like to hit what i aim at i can't afford to have bad shots on wild dogs because they're tough and if the shot is not in the right spot they will get away although they probably will die but thats not me i like to kill instant no suffering for the animal
But in saying that its impossible to get every shot to do that but i try to get as many as i can

My mrs say's i go overboard with my fussiness sometimes but i don't think you can put too much effort into your ammo so as to try and make it perfect
As you said 8-9 loadings is not too bad its just that i've had a little trouble getting brass so this is why the norma thing has started its all i could get at the time
but i think i will stick with them because they do look like good brass a lot better finish than the rem brass i had
Anyway mate here's hoping they last

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by Gwion » 02 Sep 2017, 7:33 am

Can't say for sure but it I had the facility to anneal I would be doing so after 3-4 loadings.
An annealing set up is yet another one of those things on the long list of "when I can afford it".
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 02 Sep 2017, 8:49 am

grandadbushy wrote:N0 marksman you're probably right because i had a batch of rem cases in 22-250 that i used to load @ 31.6gr bench mark 2 with 55gr projectile
and i started getting loose primer sockets at about 8-9 loadings now 31.6 is an accuracy load for me well below adi max
So i'm not sure what caused it because all the rest from another bag went on to about 15-20 loadings without socket expansion ,i had a mate anneal them at about
10-11 loadings but he's not here any more as he has moved

I'm a bit like you i'm very fussy with ammo because i like to hit what i aim at i can't afford to have bad shots on wild dogs because they're tough and if the shot is not in the right spot they will get away although they probably will die but thats not me i like to kill instant no suffering for the animal
But in saying that its impossible to get every shot to do that but i try to get as many as i can

My mrs say's i go overboard with my fussiness sometimes but i don't think you can put too much effort into your ammo so as to try and make it perfect
As you said 8-9 loadings is not too bad its just that i've had a little trouble getting brass so this is why the norma thing has started its all i could get at the time
but i think i will stick with them because they do look like good brass a lot better finish than the rem brass i had
Anyway mate here's hoping they last

Cheers

They are called Primer Pockets GDB, not primer sockets :D (not having a go at you by the way mate) :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 02 Sep 2017, 2:05 pm

Pocket, socket, fock it
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics