Favorite ammunition brand.

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Re: Favorite ammunition brand.

Post by Pythonkeeper » 22 Sep 2017, 11:04 am

I'm adding PPU to my list of favourites, tried some 243 - 90 grain through the Lithgow last week, was quite surprised and impressed, it shoots better than any other brand I've tried through that rifle to date, excellent accuracy and well priced.
Will get some for the 308 and 223 and give it a try when I get the chance.
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by southwest shooter » 22 Sep 2017, 2:59 pm

223 loves osa 55 gr gamekings and american eagle 50 gr jhp.
204 loves sellier bellot 32 gr b/tips
12 g loves eley and gb
22 lr loves cci velocitors and win powerpoints .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bills Shed » 22 Sep 2017, 4:23 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Home made is my fav.

Yep DIY, cheapest and quality.
For the rimfire it is the Win Subsonic along with CCI subs. Then turn that brass into 17 gn rabbit wreckers for the 17 hornet or 40 gn wallaby smashers for the 22 hornet. If feeling lazy, just turn them into 52s for a 223.
They are my favourite because they work and I made them.

Bill
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 22 Sep 2017, 7:56 pm

CF--can i say my own reloads...?
Just based on the fact that when i have spent 3 nights fully prepping good brass, sized with a nice shoulder bump, thats been freshly wet tumbled & loaded with cotton gloves on...
I sometimes have to get it back out of the ammo box to have another look at it... :lol:
Where as the only reason for opening a box of factory for the second time is to shoot it...

22lr--last few years has been CCI for both plinking & bunny ammo...but i always make sure i have a few boxes of win sub hp's on board...& can rely on getting Win anywhere & they've been the reliable go-to for 20yrs prior to cci...
So Win might have been the overall winner if it werent for the fact that i recently tried RWS .22lr sub hp's, & on a windless day at the range & shot a .5" 8 shot group at 100m...!!...the CCI & Win were both on par @ around 1.5" on same day-but cci had less fliers.
So RWS currently stands tall on the podium.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics