Accurate 22LR ammo

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Accurate 22LR ammo

Post by Cdog » 02 Oct 2017, 3:59 pm

I got given a box of "lapua scoremax" and tried it out through the Lithgow LA101 on Sunday, it was very accurate and performed very well. Has anyone else on the forum had any experience with it.. I would love to get my hands on some more.
Cdog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Accurate 22LR ammo

Post by Cdog » 02 Oct 2017, 4:07 pm

IMG_5124.JPG
Lapua scoremax shooting at 50m.
IMG_5124.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 4262 times
Cdog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Oct 2017, 4:18 pm

Wow ! That's some seriously good grouping. I thought that it might have been 25m untill I read the writing under image. :thumbsup:

I might try a box out with my CZ
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Cdog » 02 Oct 2017, 4:25 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Wow ! That's some seriously good grouping. I thought that it might have been 25m untill I read the writing under image. :thumbsup:

I might try a box out with my CZ

Yeah thanks ,it was windy too, I'm pretty sure it's not available anymore though..there doesn't seem to be any others on the market that are 48gr which is a shame..
Cdog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 02 Oct 2017, 4:59 pm

Cdog wrote:I got given a box of "lapua scoremax" and tried it out through the Lithgow LA101 on Sunday, it was very accurate and performed very well. Has anyone else on the forum had any experience with it.. I would love to get my hands on some more.

Unfortunately I don't think they've made that for some years..
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dunxy » 02 Oct 2017, 5:38 pm

Nice groups! Ive not spent a lot of time shooting groups at 50 with my Lithgow,the times i have it has been a bit windy,ive gotten close to what you have there (keep in mind im a noob) with RWS match stuff.I think 16mm or so it was with a 4 shot group (5 without omitting a flier) of the bipod no rear bag.I really need to put some time into it, i had a chance the other week but i was having too much fun ringing steel at 100m and then wind picked up! I haven't tried any other match ammo for comparison though.
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Cdog » 02 Oct 2017, 7:39 pm

Yeah nice one, I'm just a newby to the 22LR target shooting also third time at the range with the Lithgow , it's heaps of fun.. I tried some SK riflematch it went fairly well but not quite as nice as the Lapua scoremax..I have some CCI stingers for next time ..
Cdog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by in2anity » 02 Oct 2017, 8:09 pm

Cdog just curious, did you adjust your sight between each target?
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Cdog » 02 Oct 2017, 8:20 pm

in2anity wrote:Cdog just curious, did you adjust your sight between each target?

No but I did aim a little up and to the left of centre after that 4 shot group, it was quite windy.. I'm just a newby to the whole scope thing and the 22LR caliber..
Cdog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by in2anity » 02 Oct 2017, 9:07 pm

Cdog wrote:
in2anity wrote:Cdog just curious, did you adjust your sight between each target?

No but I did aim a little up and to the left of centre after that 4 shot group, it was quite windy.. I'm just a newby to the whole scope thing and the 22LR caliber..

Yeah the wind knocks em round a bit - also equally knocks the shooter too would you believe it. Your groups are good though- match ammo will give you consistency more than anything, but a lot of the time you could come close to that with cheaper sub ammo. The last three MS shoots I’ve attended the wind has been quite unbelievable - very tricky to brace your body against the gusts whilst at the same time doping into the wind appropriately. Scores haves sucked accordingly. looking forward to the next nice calm day to drop a bank or two! ;)
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by RoginaJack » 02 Oct 2017, 9:35 pm

I put about 25 rounds CCI Velocitor, 40 grain gilded hollow point nose at 1435 ft/secl through the Savage mk.II the other day and it showed promise re groups. Could only get 1 packet of 50 and I'd like to try the CCI "Stingers", 32 grain next but the LGS have none.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Joom » 03 Oct 2017, 11:15 am

bladeracer wrote:Unfortunately I don't think they've made that for some years..

Do you recall if/what the replacement line was?
Remington 700 and... Who needs another rifle?
Joom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 03 Oct 2017, 11:39 am

Joom wrote:
bladeracer wrote:Unfortunately I don't think they've made that for some years..

Do you recall if/what the replacement line was?

I don't even know if there was a direct replacement for it.
I just test everything I can find to determine what a particular rifle likes best.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Mitch@Ripley » 03 Oct 2017, 5:31 pm

Sk Rifle match (Specifically batch ending with 016 2) pulls less than 1/4" at 50. I shot 246.5 out of 250.25 with that coupled with a relatively stock 101.
Mitch@Ripley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Cdog » 03 Oct 2017, 6:58 pm

Mitch@Ripley wrote:Sk Rifle match (Specifically batch ending with 016 2) pulls less than 1/4" at 50. I shot 246.5 out of 250.25 with that coupled with a relatively stock 101.

Thanks for that info, where do you buy your supplies from..? I would like to try and get som eof that batch you are recommending..if you dont mind sharing..
Cdog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics