Popular rifle cartridges of the U.S. display board

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Popular rifle cartridges of the U.S. display board

Post by bosko303 » 22 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm

Hey guys, need some help here. I purchased a "Popular rifle cartridges of the U.S." display board, made by Tatonka Cartridge Co. (http://tatonkacartridge.com/rifle.htm).

I bought it from a shop in the USA so I had it send to Shipito, a USA mail forwarder. Anyway, so it arrives at Shipito, I fill out the customs declaration, and pay the postages and fees. All good, but then I get this:

Unfortunately we cannot ship out your package because it contains gun or gun-related items, parts, accessories. This is under the authority of the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Customs Border Protection, and International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), therefore there is no way we can mail this package. Even if the ammo is inert, customs will still deny the package and have it returned. We advise you to return the item to the merchant.

I have contacted US Customs but I just got this:
You're more than welcome to email ATF (eps@atf.gov) or contact the number provided in the pervious email. This question would not be addressed but this agency. However we do have additional information about exporting rifles and their parts here: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... 88/kw/guns

Yep, useless... I'm pretty sure if I contact the ATF they will tell me to contact the FBI or something. So any idea how I can get this inert rifle cartridge display board that hangs on the wall shipped to me?
bosko303
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Popular rifle cartridges of the U.S. display board

Post by Blackened » 22 Dec 2013, 6:04 pm

bosko303 wrote:All good, but then I get this:

Unfortunately we cannot ship out your package because it contains gun or gun-related items, parts, accessories. This is under the authority of the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Customs Border Protection, and International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), therefore there is no way we can mail this package. Even if the ammo is inert, customs will still deny the package and have it returned. We advise you to return the item to the merchant.

To clarify, you got that from the re-shipper, yes?

The bit that stands out to me is this; "Even if the ammo is inert, customs will still deny the package and have it returned."

If that's their concern you should be able to send them a copy of your Aus customs permit. Logically (we'll see how this goes...) then they shouldn't have any concerns about shipping it.
Blackened

New South Wales

Re: Popular rifle cartridges of the U.S. display board

Post by Farmjer » 22 Dec 2013, 6:18 pm

bosko303 wrote:Unfortunately we cannot ship out your package because it contains gun or gun-related items, parts, accessories. This is under the authority of the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Customs Border Protection, and International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), therefore there is no way we can mail this package.

I'm almost certain that that's wrong.

The ITAR stuff doesn't cover all 'gun-related' parts. It doesn't even cover all guns... I think shotguns are exempt from it for example?

Sounds like some muppet has received the package and though "omg bullets!" and jumped the gun on the whole exercise.

Double check the details of ITAR and a copy of your customer permit, send em along and if someone on the other end has half a brain it should get sent?
Farmjer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics