.22 blank?

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

.22 blank?

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 May 2018, 2:05 pm

I was given a bag of 53 these the other day.
Anyone have knowledge of them?
They are .22 with a blue tip, I thought either a noisemaker blank or perhaps some form of tool driving blank.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (208.12 KiB) Viewed 5378 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (968.2 KiB) Viewed 5378 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: .22 blank?

Post by Metalmik84 » 08 May 2018, 2:25 pm

bentaz wrote:I'm pretty sure they are for ramset guns etc.

Yep haven't used one for a long time but pretty sure it's a ramset charge.
Metalmik84
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 May 2018, 3:45 pm

Thanks guys.
The guy that gave them to me also gave me a veritable bucket load of .22 magnum ammo as well, bugger him.
I'm going to have to get one now, be a shame for all that good ammo to just sit around wasted. :mrgreen:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by duncan61 » 08 May 2018, 7:30 pm

They come in a plastic strip and are mostly used to drive hardened nails into concrete with a gun like an air nail gun.The different colours denote the power.The purple ones have more grunt than the yellow ones blue is mid range.As apprentices we would open up the end and lay a small trickle of powder out and prop them on an angle and light them up.They burn like a rocket for a few seconds then the primer pops them across the room.The purple ones would burn for some time as they had more powder and the amount you open the end makes a difference as well.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 08 May 2018, 8:17 pm

If one were to own a 22 rifle and have access to some 22cal slugs of the air rifle variety, one might be able to launch said slug by use of this cartridge :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 08 May 2018, 8:28 pm

brett1868 wrote:If one were to own a 22 rifle and have access to some 22cal slugs of the air rifle variety, one might be able to launch said slug by use of this cartridge :)

I've fired air rifle pellets by pulling the bullet out of Remington Cyclones and using the charged case. What I really need to try is loading four or five pellets up and seeing how they shoot en-masse :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 08 May 2018, 9:20 pm

bentaz wrote:I've fired air rifle pellets by pulling the bullet out of Remington Cyclones and using the charged case. What I really need to try is loading four or five pellets up and seeing how they shoot en-masse :-)

I have wondered how it would go if I loaded a stack of pellets into a shotgun shell.[/quote]

Damn, now I have two ideas to try :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 May 2018, 11:59 pm

bentaz wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
brett1868 wrote:If one were to own a 22 rifle and have access to some 22cal slugs of the air rifle variety, one might be able to launch said slug by use of this cartridge :)

I've fired air rifle pellets by pulling the bullet out of Remington Cyclones and using the charged case. What I really need to try is loading four or five pellets up and seeing how they shoot en-masse :-)

I have wondered how it would go if I loaded a stack of pellets into a shotgun shell.

I have always wondered how a stack of 2 cent pieces would go as a shotgun load; would they fly like a slug or would they tumble and spread.
Reckon they wouldn't go far if they tumbled, but they'd do some fearsome damage up close.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 09 May 2018, 1:42 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:I have always wondered how a stack of 2 cent pieces would go as a shotgun load; would they fly like a slug or would they tumble and spread.
Reckon they wouldn't go far if they tumbled, but they'd do some fearsome damage up close.

https://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-35-a-load-of-dimes-vs-the-box-o-truth/
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 09 May 2018, 8:36 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:
bentaz wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I have wondered how it would go if I loaded a stack of pellets into a shotgun shell.

I have always wondered how a stack of 2 cent pieces would go as a shotgun load; would they fly like a slug or would they tumble and spread.

The PDX defender rounds are a version of this, 3 discs stacked on top of each other with a few BB's tucked in behind.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 May 2018, 9:54 am

bladeracer wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:I have always wondered how a stack of 2 cent pieces would go as a shotgun load; would they fly like a slug or would they tumble and spread.

https://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-35-a-load-of-dimes-vs-the-box-o-truth/

Question answered :thumbsup:
Toafledermaus on ewetube does some weird loading as well.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 May 2018, 9:59 am

Bent Arrow wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:
bentaz wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

The PDX defender rounds are a version of this, 3 discs stacked on top of each other with a few BB's tucked in behind.

I hadn't seen them before,they look pretty mean but somehow I think the load with the 2 buckshot on top of a 12 slug is like hanging the intruder, then decapitating him. :D
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 May 2018, 1:33 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:
bentaz wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

The PDX defender rounds are a version of this, 3 discs stacked on top of each other with a few BB's tucked in behind.[/quote]
I have never been recoil shy but f*** me do those things kick.[/quote]

My old Sportco 12g has a full choke and had a hard rubber butt "pad" and it was pretty unkind when firing slugs or 00 bucks.
I finally decided to remedy that after a dumbarse mishap. I was sitting in the car up by the shearing sheds waiting for Tony(MistaRabbit) and only had 00 shells left.
Tony puts in an appearance, off angle from me and close enough to be scared off by opening the door, so I did a bit of a contortionist act to line him up.
What I didn't notice was that the back of my shoulder, directly behind the butt, was only a feck hair off the B pillar.
Couldn't find a current aftermarket to fit so I bought a pair of $2 thongs from Dimmy's, bit of slashing and glueing and hey presto.
It's like firing the .223 now.
Attachments
20170105_181739.jpg
20170105_181739.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 5218 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 09 May 2018, 4:51 pm

Couldn't find a current aftermarket to fit so I bought a pair of $2 thongs from Dimmy's, bit of slashing and glueing and hey presto.
It's like firing the .223 now.
ATTACHMENTS
20170105_181739.jpg

Non slip too...! Thats a ripper... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 09 May 2018, 7:39 pm

[/quote]
It's like firing the .223 now.[/quote]

Bloody grouse
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 13 May 2018, 2:45 pm

Further to the above:
In amongst the bag of ammo including the Ramsets was a box of assorted old .22's.
Some I can ID, the ICIs are obvious, I think those stamped "I" are Stirlings, but the others I'm not sure of. I have seen the "H" stamp but don't remember the brand, the others are beyond me.
Anyone know them?
Attachments
20180513_132714.jpg
20180513_132714.jpg (609.36 KiB) Viewed 5047 times
20180513_132558.jpg
20180513_132558.jpg (558.73 KiB) Viewed 5047 times
1a.jpg
1a.jpg (208.12 KiB) Viewed 5047 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by duncan61 » 13 May 2018, 2:54 pm

Hornady maybe
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Wombat » 14 May 2018, 6:49 am

U = Remington H = Winchester and I think the I is ICI.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 14 May 2018, 9:22 am

Thanks guys.
They are all way too old to consider using.
I fired off 23 Win Super X I found in an old box in the garage :silent: yesterday.
They were about 20yo but far newer than these, but 14 of them had to be hit twice to go off and one went off 5 seconds later as I was about to re-cock.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics