Recomendations for a Gunsmith

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Recomendations for a Gunsmith

Post by Mark_R » 01 Jul 2018, 11:27 am

Hi all, new member here. I am wanting recommendations for a gunsmith to work on a combination gun that was handed down from my grandfather to my father and then onto me. Its a custom gun that requires some restoration work both from use and abuse over the years. I'm located in Se Qld.

Thanks in advance.
Mark
Mark_R
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Recomendations for a Gunsmith

Post by marksman » 02 Jul 2018, 2:39 pm

sorry I cant be of help but maybe ask at a local gunshop for recommendations
I have a bloke in mind but he is in Vic so you probably should see in your own area
also make sure who ever you decide to do it is capable, look for reviews and see there work first :thumbsup:
good luck with it :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by allan » 02 Jul 2018, 2:50 pm

Not sure that he will do the work you have in mind but Lee Trengove (Brisbane based) has done some excellent work on modern rifle project builds for me:
http://trentech.com.au/
Rolf Hey (Hobart based) has worked with me on a number of complete builds and restoration projects - His expertise and work shop facilities are right up there IME - Currently doing a restoration on a 70's era German Walther. A little extra hassle doing a dealer transfer to him from Queensland but more than compensated for by the timely and cost effective manner in which he handles jobs.
http://rolfhey.com/
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by Wm.Traynor » 02 Jul 2018, 2:53 pm

Have a look at Rob Blomfield at Pomona www.scgunsmith.com.au
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 02 Jul 2018, 4:42 pm

There was a bloke by the name of Jim Kent, who was a gunsmith at Buffalo Gunsmithing, in Toowoomba.

Reason I mention him, is an old Winchester 1905 SL rifle we had here (non-functioning) was sent to him to be restored for display.

I understand he did a nice job, but I dont know much else about his business. It might be worth making inquiries.
I dont even know a correct phone number; sorry.

Good luck.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Mitch » 02 Jul 2018, 7:08 pm

Either sunshine coast gunsmithing or allan swan would be worth a shot
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Mark_R » 03 Jul 2018, 12:29 pm

Thank you for the reply's, I think i'll have a talt to Rob from SC Gunsmithing.

Mark
Mark_R
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Gunsmithing