Gunsmith in Victoria / Rebarrel A-Bolt II .243 to 7mm-08

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: Gunsmith in Victoria / Rebarrel A-Bolt II .243 to 7mm-08

Post by smithy18772 » 13 Sep 2018, 12:21 pm

bentaz wrote:There's a good list of Smith's here
https://ozgunlobby.com/t/list-australia ... ths/563/11
Cheers

thanks mate thats some info i can work with.
much appreciated.
smithy18772
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by smithy18772 » 13 Sep 2018, 12:23 pm

marksman wrote:
smithy18772 wrote:Yeah i don't seem to be getting anywhere with a gunsmith. i would prefer to rebarrel than buy a cheap rifle though. not buying second hand there's too many rifles that haven't been looked after correctly and your just buying someone else's rubbish.

I dont know where you are in vic but kudu in Montrose are very good http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kudu-Serv ... 3258446847
as said you will be paying about $1000 for the job, IMHO you will be happy with the rifle after Bob rebarrels it
sounds like a lot of money but if you are going to keep the rifle and already like it you will get your moneys worth :drinks:
7mm-08 is not a barrel burner :thumbsup:

thanks i have him on the top of my list so far.
smithy18772
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by smithy18772 » 13 Sep 2018, 12:27 pm

Gwion wrote:Rolf Hey in Tasmania will take postal jobs and is quick, good and affordable.

thanks i'll look him up.
smithy18772
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by marksman » 13 Sep 2018, 4:48 pm

sungazer wrote:In fact there has been no name calling or implying if you really read both sites. Do a search of the word Bigot it appears in a page full of threads here on EG mainly relating to people here calling Anti gun people that, or when saying if you dont agree with something you may be called that. It was used in the same manner on Oz.

I think you are taking this to the next level by directly calling everybody on the site a FUDD on making some pretty nasty implications. You were a person I respected the advice of but I find this attitude towards us which by implication includes me offensive.

no worries sungazer :drinks:
sorry I did mean FUDD free like was advertised on buyusedguns :thumbsup: that would take out the nasty implications hey
I really just thought it was funny as I didn't know what a FUDD was :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and niether did anyone I know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and that implies that the new forum left because of the FUDDs on this site :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dont worry I am not reading on both sites so I wont get to read your full page about bigots :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but it shows one of the reasons you would want to start your own forum
Bentaz's reply is really grown up isn't it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I told you he was a character :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hey Bentaz I wish we had a heartpulse smilie so I could share the love with you
you broke my heart :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 13 Sep 2018, 5:43 pm

sungazer wrote:I agree it is a cheeky cheap remark. I also think the first stone was thrown from here and name calling started from here. Guys went to the other site quietly and did their own thing.

Sungazer, i think all marksman was doing was commenting on what you yourself agree is a cheeky bold move in posting that link...and by the way, im not speaking for him, rather just making an observation.

But curiosity has gotten the better of me, so can i ask, is it me & my first long post about the matter that you are referring to with mention of the first stone thrown & name calling from here...? :unknown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 13 Sep 2018, 5:48 pm

(Dont mind us smithy...i feel for you mate, its like you're the young child trying to get the attention of freshly separated bickering parents... :lol: :sarcasm: :lol:)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Sep 2018, 6:00 pm

Drink tea and stay calm.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Sep 2018, 6:02 pm

Back to the thread.
Unless you have special requirements I would just buy another rifle. Additional or trade-in.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 13 Sep 2018, 7:13 pm

I dont know Stix I was just making a comment based on my memory. Also despite what you think there really is no animosity, the forum is just trying to achieve a bit more than an average forum. Trying in some ways to be an information source like a website but collecting the information from the users / people doing it.

As for Bentaz making that intro post. I think it is more than fair that he sets out what he would like to achieve and the behavior he would like to see on the board. He clearly says he does not expect everybody to agree just to disagree in a polite manner. He went even further revealing experience from his personal life as an example something that shouldn't really be required.

It is not a requirement to be a YES voter to be a member. I was a No voter not for the marriage reason that I believe they have the right to. My reasons were for a broader reason. Anyway that whole debate is not the issue. The issue is accepting others everything in a polite manner and not badgering on just to have the last word.

No more from me on the subject. These are all my own words and beliefs dont take it as everyone's in any group.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Return to Gunsmithing