Can someone lend me a 6mm-06 reamer?

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Can someone lend me a 6mm-06 reamer?

Post by Medic » 29 Nov 2018, 9:51 am

Hey all, was wondering if someone has a 6mm-06 reamer they would be willing to lend me to give to my gunsmith on an upcoming barrel. Happy to replace it if damaged of course just trying to save a buck on buying a new one and bushings for a single time use. Happy to call to discuss.
Thanks gents.
Jim.
Medic
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Can someone lend me a 6mm-06 reamer?

Post by bigrich » 29 Nov 2018, 12:20 pm

Nice caliber. I’d like one myself in a model 70 Winchester. Dunno where you’re based, but Allan swan barrels have a reamer . Cheers
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Medic » 29 Nov 2018, 2:27 pm

Yep just spoke to Allan he’s gonna do me a barrel :) thanks!
Just trying to work out the twist and length for 55-70 go pills. Maybe 1-12. 28 inch.
Medic
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by marksman » 29 Nov 2018, 4:28 pm

IMHO where this round would shine is with the heavier pills in a 1 in 8" twist at 28" or a bit more, you should still be able to shoot the lighter projie's
I would have gone with the 6x284 which is in proportion with the 6mm-06 except you can load the projie's long in a long action
I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice though as IMHO it has the potential to be a smoking hot 6mm 1000 yard performer :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 29 Nov 2018, 5:27 pm

Roy Weatherby has a few but his come with a belt. How fast do you want to push a 6mm bullet?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 29 Nov 2018, 8:31 pm

Medic wrote:Yep just spoke to Allan he’s gonna do me a barrel :) thanks!
Just trying to work out the twist and length for 55-70 go pills. Maybe 1-12. 28 inch.

glad to be of help. pills that light will be flying real fast hey :D :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Gunsmithing