Bedding compound

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: Bedding compound

Post by Noisydad » 23 Feb 2016, 4:27 am

My old Mossberg bolt action shotty pictured in the "Show us your shotgun" thread is bedded into the homemade stock with fibre glass resin. Vaseline was used as a release agent. She's fired a lot of shots in the twenty years since it was done and still going strong.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Rocker » 29 Feb 2016, 12:05 pm

Chronos wrote:Bigfellascotty put me onto this one and it works great. Not as runny as JB weld

I haven't done it yet but was looking into compounds for one of mine, JB weld gets a good write up when done right but the liquidity put me off it.

Seems like a real easy one to get somewhere it shouldn't and cock the job. Maybe not one for first-timers.
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by MalleeFarmer » 29 Feb 2016, 4:40 pm

Another handy use for my Devcon titanium steel. :thumbsup: Bike fell over and knocked a hole in my stator cover. :oops:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 5060 times
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gregg » 16 Mar 2016, 2:45 pm

Rocker wrote:I haven't done it yet but was looking into compounds for one of mine, JB weld gets a good write up when done right but the liquidity put me off it.

Seems like a real easy one to get somewhere it shouldn't and cock the job. Maybe not one for first-timers.

Mechanical lock, fun :sarcasm:
Howa 1500 .270 WInchester
Savage Model 10/110 Predator .204 Ruger
Gregg
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Gunsmithing