Pinning Ruger Precision Stock (NSW)

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Pinning Ruger Precision Stock (NSW)

Post by Lenny_75 » 30 Jul 2019, 9:27 pm

Hey there,

I need some guidance,
Thinking about purchasing a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmore
Has anyone been able to pin the folding stock to make it compliant in NSW?

I can purchase it in VIC as I’m planning to do a trip down there later this year, would I be able to bring it back up to NSW to get pinned? Or should I get this done in VIC?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Len
Lenny_75
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Pinning Ruger Precision Stock (NSW)

Post by Hunter257 » 31 Jul 2019, 4:32 pm

cant do it.

well not easily.
firstly the folding hinge doesn't lend itself to being easily pinned
secondly the butt is hinged to allow the bolt to be removed

if you pinned the stock it will need a tool to make it adjustable to be compliant, this means that every time you want to remove the bolt you need to unscrew the stock.
if you find a way, let me know and I'll buy one too! would love one in 6.5 creedmoor but ended up with a HOWA APC because of the folding stock issue.
you may also find the RPR is itself an illegal rifle in NSW because of the stock. When I was chasing one no dealers in NSW would even discuss the matter
Hunter257
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Pinning Ruger Precision Stock (NSW)

Post by bladeracer » 31 Jul 2019, 5:59 pm

Lenny_75 wrote:Hey there,

I need some guidance,
Thinking about purchasing a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmore
Has anyone been able to pin the folding stock to make it compliant in NSW?

I can purchase it in VIC as I’m planning to do a trip down there later this year, would I be able to bring it back up to NSW to get pinned? Or should I get this done in VIC?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Len

I don't believe it would be legal to collect the rifle in Victoria and take it into NSW with the stock adjustable, it would have to be done on the Victoria side of the border, or sent directly from Vic to your NSW dealer to be fixed before being transferred to your licence.
Try putting in a PtA for the RPR and see what response you get - perhaps they'll tell you what conditions you must comply with to own it?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Gunsmithing