what l do to make a new howa better

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: what l do to make a new howa better

Post by marksman » 13 Jan 2020, 8:55 pm

sungazer wrote:[quote="marksman"So what ewuipment & process do you bolt lug lappers use to ensure youve got all the cutting compound out of the area the lugs live in...?

l saturate the area with brake cleaner and squash a rag into the the hole twisting it, then do the same using inox
l also use bent q-tips soaked in inox and lots of compressed air

I do the same and sometimes I will run hot to boiling water through the action and bore as well if I have been using a bore past or cutting compound. The water will work well for softening up carbon and heating up the barrel as well which helps all the chemicals with better efficiency.[/quote]

boiling hot water is a good one sungazer, it drys straight away :thumbsup: :drinks:

hmmm not sure what happened there :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 13 Jan 2020, 10:23 pm

If its what i think it meant... :huh:

... :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sungazer » 14 Jan 2020, 9:32 am

What went wrong was the multiple quotes thing and trying to get around it. It does make trying to get a flow of conversation difficult sometimes.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Previous

Return to Gunsmithing